Saturday, October 5, 2013

Save Our Sequins.

It warms my heart that so many people have hopped on the Bandwagon to raise awareness for Homeless and Abandoned Sequins.

Last night sequin lovers united at my beautiful friend L's home to have a good old fashioned Catch Up.
L looked gorgeous and went in Hard with the Sparkle. Look:
And she wouldn't be caught dead Undercushioning (The Devil's Work)
Her daughter S said Yes to Blue Sequins
 L has the best and most impressive wardrobe in the known world. She'd better make sure this one shouldered Pucci arrangement's locked in a bomb proof safe because I'm thinking of stealing it.
A Good Time was had by all, but People, I'm not going to lie. I'm feeling a bit seedy. Which is a shame because I've got another party starting at 2pm. 
Meanwhile someone should buy this YSL bag from the outnet because it's attractive
This is what happens to made beds round here:
And the FF garden has rallied and produced this:
It's never flowered before!
Keep Up the Good Sequin Work
Sequins and beads and non specific embellishments ask for so little and give so much- let's all give something back to them. It's the least we can do.
xxxxx

40 comments:

  1. So much sequinny goodness....and bubbles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving all the sequins.
    I think I am going to go for a beaded look tomorrow...beads are deserving too.
    Today I am rocking an unadorned housedress and getting some chores done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sequin shoes are To Die. Love them. Love it all. Glad you clarified that felt a bit seedy after the VC binge because I did a Double Take when I saw the evidence. VC is very easy to drink I say. I should have got on the sequins Bandwagon but have been in Paris have been trying to look effortlessly stylish and 10kg lighter in grey and black. Sequins are Better. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to lose weight too as many of my sequin things do not fit! annoying x

      Delete
  4. I'm ashamed to admit that I don't own a single item of clothing with a sequin on it. I know. I don't know how you let me read this blog either. I'd best get cracking and action some hardcore online sequin shopping action ASAP x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive line up of empties. I love the lone sparkling mineral water bottle. You girls sparkled.

    That one sleeve Pucci would be worth the jail time.

    Glad to see the FF garden is coming back strong. I never doubted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked her what her have dress was and it was that- stunning!

      Delete
  6. Luff your Save our Sequins. Its timely as we start our two week dancing eisteddfod on Monday, and at the end of every night, the dressing room floor is covered in sequins! They do have a good ol' time on the costumes though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, forget the sequins, give me the cushions on that black and
    white striped sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you see my sequin bag I took on wedding outing on Instagram yesterday ? Been busy renovating my old house but in a sequinned top in honour of sequin awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad about seedy - its always hard to come back for more the next day with seedy. How'd you go? Did you tough it out? Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps I need to add some sequins to my 2XU compression tights as I prepare for Oxfam Trailwalker Perth on October 18!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FF,
    As I type this, my sewing studio is covered with sequins. I worked on a sequinned gown for a beauty pagent last week (she won last night!) and I am starting a lime green posing suit (bikini) for a body builder covered with silver holographic sequins. I have yards and yards of sequins up there!

    When I'm done shedding by 21 year old post baby weight I will be making myself some sequinned stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SheriNJ am so happy you are on insta! love all your sequins. Wish you lived here so you could whip me up a sequin frock x

      Delete
  13. It's been a long time since I wore sequins, but used to love the glam factor (wore them in the form of black mini dresses in the 1990s). You and your friends look fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the party was filled with Glamorous women. You should wear sequins NOW Maitai!

      Delete
    2. Will send you a pic as soon as I do!

      Delete
  14. I love sequins...really should do my part and wear them more often. What a fun idea, FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half my things are sequinned so I should wear them more often too!

      Delete
  15. love the pink dress where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  16. how do you wash them? the sequinned things?

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many good sequins are sacrificed in the name of kids craft around these here parts. Why do I suddenly need a glass of Veuve?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed re-bonding with my sequins this weekend, glad there are still some items that fit my bump! Was such a good party, was devastated couldn't partake in the Verve but had so much fun anyway, still dreaming about L's wardrobe!! L xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saw this and thought of you!
    https://m.jaeger.co.uk/Sequin%20Layered%20Vest/650166E,en_GB,pd.html?dwvar_650166E_color=03800&dwvar_650166E_size=S&start=63&cgid=womens-outlet
    £9, 95 international shipping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My dear I am completing on your band wagon!! You and your cause are the inspiration for my blog post today! Thanks you... and so happoy to have found YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Utterly divine! Magnificent! Completely splendid! I wore the same ombré sequinned top as you have, but I didn't photograph it, sadly. But I was supporting sequins, in spirit! Very happy to see how many bubbles were consumed at your friend's party. Just a small question - any idea where she bought that Tram/Bus sign with the inner city suburbs on it, please? I love it!!! I think I saw one at a shop at Indro a while back - REALLY want one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! I just LOVE your blog and have subscribed. Wonderful staff (!), comments on nail polish, Christmas tree and gorgeous images. Can't wait to receive the posts. Thanks so much.
    Cheers,
    Louise from Read Me

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Everything.