Monday, December 21, 2009

My Frog Green Tibi Frock



Behold the loveliness of Mr FF's fancy Italian knit top chosen to match my frock
Hermes is doing some sort of Tribute-Style Homage to Barbie in this Window Display. Who knew?
You know how I've got tonnes of amusing anecdotes about how I was in some obscure location and found a super cheap dress that looked 'spensive? Well this is not one of those tales. This dress was hard to source and cost me a fortune. Once upon a time, in a city not too far away, I was trawling through Netaporter.com and stumbled across this Magnificent Frog Green Tibi Frock. Tragically it was sold out in every size. Bitter tears were wept. Objects were thrown. Whinging took place. I really wanted to get my mitts on it to wear to a party and I was like a dog with a bone- I just could not let my Frog Green Tibi Frock Dream Go. So Mr FF came to the rescue and managed somehow to track it down at Saks.com! I know. I was impressed too. Now this was back in April before Saks delivered regularly to Australia (although bizarrely I recall it was no trouble to get something sent by Saks to Lichenstein. Go Figure). Anyway it took Truckloads of Admin, Hardcore Determination and Nerves of Steel to get that frock delivered. I also had to make 5 international late night phone calls to the Saks International Orders Call Centre (Hello Leroy and Shoshandra if you're reading. You guys Rock). When it finally arrived, and I held its silk loveliness in my paws, I knew we'd be very very happy. And we have been. I love it Beyond Measure.
In other Breaking News, I'm going to Hermes tomorrow for the first time ever with my friend K. I've read that book Bringing Home the Birkin and I regularly read Maitai's Blog, so I know the Drum.
Keep Your Polish Chip Free People, You'll Look Good and Feel Better.

5 comments:

  1. FF, the dress is killer, I love the cuffs and your hair looks stunning. You look like you have thick, bouncy Barbie hair (and I mean that in the best possible sense - I have always coveted Barbie's hair). I particularly love the photos of you in the chair and leaning on the Hermes wall.

    Well done to Mr FF for the excellent photos and dress sourcing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking gorgeous FF. Received an email from Shopbop today featuring DVF Resort and immediately thought of you!

    http://www.shopbop.com/diane-von-furstenberg/br/v=1/2534374302023737.htm?extid=EM_20091221_WNW-main

    Amongst other things, I Love the Zia Metallic Platforms.

    Glad the weather's cleared for you. You are sooo close to me atm - I live just across the water. Enjoy Hermes with K!

    Mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mermaid!!! Come and meet me for a drink! I'm about to get changed into a Pucci frock to meet K and Conquer Hermes (have always been scared to enter). Thanks everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should, shouldn't I!

    I've been scared too but did recently enter the Surfers Hermes, just to sample the perfumes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour of that dress. You always look so well dressed!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Everything.