Moments after this photo was taken I was having a soothing end of the week drinkie:
I'm all for sparkling shiraz. Earlier in the day this is what was happening:
This necklace is from Red Phoenix Emporium.

This is Mr FF, but it's not his pink bag, it's mine. I sourced it from Liberty in London in 2003. I sort of forgot about it for a while in the mid noughties when everyone started carrying massive slouchy bags but the other day I remembered it and have brought it back into circulation.
Mr FF is wearing a Pucci tie. He says he can't remember if he got it in Australia or overseas. He owns about 500 ties (I swear I am not making this Up) so it's hard to keep track.
Mr FF and I spend a lot of time talking about clothes. His and Mine.
Speaking of which I have a Pucci scarf on order from my friends at the outnet.com Don't tell Mr FF or anyone else though, because I am meant to be embracing thrift and budgeting with every cell and fibre of my being. And a Pucci scarf, no matter how discounted, might be considered a little bit 'spensive....I specifically bought it to go with a navy blue Chloe frock so it had better be the business.
Someone asked if I worked part time. I certainly do not. I work a 5 day week. Sometimes I work 1 day a week from home but this week I didn't, I hauled myself onto a bus and into the Coalface for 5 days in a row. This is how dedicated I am People.
I'm posting this on the weekend. I was just out pruning the FF garden like a person possessed but now it's raining so I've had to stop which is very annoying. It's overgrown as anything and really needs to be cut back to its bare bones.
I love pruning but I hate and loathe the cleanup.
Happy Saturday. I'm going out for drinks tonight, what are the rest of you doing?
xxx
I love your blog. Even though I don't leave comments for each post, I do enjoy each of your posts. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteI love pruning and hate the clean up as well. I have been repotting my succulents today. It makes me happy.
Hi FF,
ReplyDeleteI am also trying to negotiate a one day work from home thing. I've been sick lately and doing it anyway, but it would be nice if it was Official. I think i'd be more productive- are you?
Do you and Mr FF meet every morning for coffee? Is that where your outfits photos are taken? (don't worry I'm not going to stalk you to the cafe, I live in another state, I'm just curious!!!)
Can you tell me what the bracelet bangle things are on your right arm?
I am at home with Mr HFW preparing for the evening of Running Into Dreaded Ex-fling. Don't worry- I have just done my nails and applied some fake tan. Thanks for your advice.
Handfootwoman
You blonds really do have all the fun!
ReplyDeleteI will be at home sitting on my ass all weekend, thanks for asking, xo.
Janette, I am cleaning up now and hating it. But pruning is really satisfying. I love succulents too.
ReplyDeleteHandfoot, I don't meet Mr FF every day for coffee, but as often as we can arrange.
A lot of the photos are taken by my Coalface colleague Mark. Sometimes he meets me and Mr FF for coffee. I bought the bracelet things in about 1998. They are beaten up now. The bamboo is a copy of one that Wallis Simpson wore. I love bamboo jewellery and furniture but HATE it in my garden. Because it takes OVER.
Hi Sister W. Enjoy your weekend! Mr FF is thrilled you think he looks good.
Oh Handfoot- the days I work from home I am SUPER productive- all my colleagues who work from home agree. And GOOD luck for tonight- remember, polite disinterest. xxx
ReplyDeleteHi FF,
ReplyDeleteYou two are adorable. I love that you both talk about your clothes. My garden is in desperate need of a big clean-up. Spring is upon us. But next week we are going skiing for 5 or 6 days in Utah. So gardening will have to wait. But everything is green and ready to burst forth.
~janet
I work part-time and want to retire soon and do nothing but garden/cook/eat.
FF you are looking super lovely in these pics and I'm sure your new Pucci scarf will match your frock just as intended.
ReplyDeleteI'm supposed to be going to a bit of a party-thing with husband's dirt bike riding work mates, where there is a pool (with a shade sail! my favourite kind). I will be wearing a rash vest with UPF50 if this party starts before sundown.
Shananigans that sounds fun, don't get burnet.
ReplyDeleteHi Janet, I just had a bit of a prune but need to do way more. We are heading into a time of year when the FF garden gets no sun, so I have to prune hard to get as much light in as I can. Skiing sounds really fun- take photos! x
My partner, the lovely mrs tff, is making me a paella tonight! Am I not a lucky boy? I'll supply some french bubbly stuff for the prep & maybe even a pinot for the eating with! Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteCheers
tff
Hi FF, loving the mini-bag! I am past the oversized bag and am sure I just about gave myself sciatica from carrying around a big slouchy bag that was too heavy.
ReplyDeletePlans tonight - Mr SkekTek and I are heading to the Greystone bar at Southbank for a friends birthday drinks and some light mingling. I can't figure out what to wear as I have too many options. Maybe the universe will direct me in the next couple of hours?
Both looking good FF very delightful couple! Do love a man in a suit too. Really like the 'soothing drinkies' photos as well (especially as have decided not to drink wine for a while.... but I like LOOKING at yours)... Totally agree about bamboo - there is some in our little garden in UK... I am extremely fierce with it when I am back......
ReplyDeleteHello FF
ReplyDeleteI am trying to Be Visionary. So much so that I found a necklace like the one you wore back in on Feb 20, 2010 - a Red Phoenix Emporium one. It takes time and planning to be visionary, hence the fact that I am behind by several weeks.
I am yet to embrace Colour. I tried on a dress that wasn't black today, it was a dusky pink and it was still too much colour for me. I will persist. I might try hot pink nail polish first.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
SSG xxx
Hi FF, I'm new to your blog and first thing I did was read it ALL from the beginning. Then I painted my nails purplish pink. See what you did?
ReplyDeleteWe are going to a birthday party today. My friends' son's first birthday - kids, balloons and cake :)
I really love this DVF dress. I think it is my favourite dress in your collection. The colours do it for me. They go nicely with your blonde hair. It's all working.
ReplyDeleteCan we talk about this cold red you are drinking?
I am terrified by red wine being cold.
I just cannot bring myself to try it.
One of my friends drinks it and I find it hard sitting next to her while she drinks it. I think it is borderline phobia.
I feel like an idiot. I'm getting goosebumps typing about it.
It's the dumbest thing about me I think.
I dunno what my problem is.
Maybe it reminds me of a dead persons blood.
I dunno.
Does it taste like cold red wine? Is it sweet?
Love that dress! And Mr FF is very stylish too(the pink bag made me giggle). x
ReplyDeleteThat dress is the prettiest one I've seen since forever. I am so jealous.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first time I've visited your blog, and I am guessing I will stalk you from now on Don't want to miss another pretty dress!
Oh how I adore this dress. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteYou are visionary.
Enjoy the drinkies.
I have been inspired by you to make a yoghurt cake - so I am. The apples have been stewed and I'm ready for baking. You got a mention on my bloggy re the yoghurt cake.
You're so glamorous (or should that be visionary?) - I'd like to see what you wear to prune the garden.
ReplyDeleteFF you always make me feel bright and breezy after reading your posts. So glad you started blogging! I love a DVF dress and actually I think dresses are the future so much more visionary!
ReplyDeleteThat dress is amazing. Pink & purple is THE BEST colour combination around, Barbie agrees.
ReplyDeleteI'm at home with the flu. Boo
ReplyDeleteDear FF, I've just discovered your blog and I love it. You write in such a delightful way. Pink is my color of choice and you've inspired me to stick with it! As far as the Pucci scarf you just ordered, I say if it's to "go" with something than it doesn't count. I only counts if it's a random purchase. ;).
ReplyDeleteIt's a rainy Saturday here in my part of the States. My dh has to head to work tonight so nothing exciting for us. I'll be opening a bottle of pinot noir and relaxing.
First a comment: Love DVF! She does no wrong! What am I doing this weekend? Some boring stuff. Maybe head to another island tonight for a friend's late birthday beach bash- not sure if it's still on or not.
ReplyDeleteNext, a reply to your comment: I do have a pair of colored tights...in your color, fuchsia! I believe I got them at American Apparel in Miami. Other than that, I'd think high-end and discount department stores where you are would carry them.
Hi FF,
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you that yesterday in line at the bank, the woman in front of me had chipped toenail polish on with sandals. Guess what? It REVOLTED me.
~janet
p.s. I notice you bring out the best in people. The comments here are fantastic.
You two must be the most stylish couple that side of the international dateline! Lovely frock and the pink bag is delicious.
ReplyDelete(To answer the question you'd asked on my blog, I live in LA but Paris is my geographical heartland.)
What a lovely blog! I adore fushia and my blowdryer. I got a whim a re-cut my poor bangs last night, oops! I would definitely be considered the Devil as I am a terrible clutter bug! Nice to meet you! Reva
ReplyDeleteDear FF,
ReplyDeleteyour hair is so glossy! compliments!
i am in trouble: I left a red stain from my polished finger (opi) on Mr Paula's cotton shirt.
I tried to remove the stain with nailpolish remover and a cotton pad, it did not work.
Somewhere I read acetone removes nailpolish from cotton.
Please tell me this worked for you?!!
did you ever sucessfully remove a nailpolishstain from a cotton fabric?
Please relieve me from my bad feelings.
today seems to be the stain-day. :-(
I bought a new shirt for myself and at home I noticed they left one safety-theft-protecting-strap glued on the inside of the collar. When I removed the strap the glue staied on the collar. yuck! I will go back with the shirt and tell them either to remove the glue or exchange it to a shirt without any stupid safety-strap glued on it!
*snieeef*
Love your blog, you're an inspiration. But I do think this necklace is a too heavy for this dress.
ReplyDeleteHi Anon,
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone-Mr FF told me to take it off too!!!! Are you Mr FF in disguise?
Hi Paula,
ReplyDeleteI have not spilt polish on cotton that I can recall, but I have spilt it on carpet and smashed a bottle on tiles. Both times polish remover got the stain out. Acetone might help...wha does google say? Good luck!
Dear FF, do you ever go nail polish free just to avoid nail nasties? I never did until some water must have gotten under my polish at the beach and I noticed my toe nail looking a bit "strange". That strange spot could not be buffed away - had to grow it out. Now I go polish free every now and then just to avoid what could have been scary toe syndrome. I hate it though. What is your advice on this?
ReplyDeleteYou absolutely cracked me up on the post previous to this one when you said your face is "collapsing with age etc". I literally started belly laughing out loud. I'm 35 and I get the chills sometimes when I realise what lies ahead. No one bothered to warn me! Mum was ever so nonchalant about growing older. You could have sworn aging just went unnoticed in my household growing up. Helen Mirren comforts me.
You're gorgeous as usual. Do you keep your hair the same length and style or do you add more layers and then change again? I bought some Argan Oil...couldn't find Moroccan Oil like you use.
Dear Anon,
ReplyDeleteYou can get M Moroccan Oil at hairdressers. I sometimes go polish free. Is easier to go polish free in winter than summer. Helen Mirren comforts me too. I think half the trick is she has that great relationship and you can tell is really loved and loves him back. My face is heading south along with the rest of me. My hairdresser puts layers in my do. It used to have none. I always have it long. x
Oh I love that dress on you FF! And all the pretty jewellery details too. In reply to your comment on my birthday post, yes I'm half Italian and was celebrating with my Italian side that day. Glad you approve of the velvet sofa set ;) I miss my floral carpet too. There is a lovely backyard here and pretty chandeliers too which I'll try to include in future posts. Have a lovely weekend x Sushi
ReplyDeleteDendy is reopening for movies - huzzah!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/theres-life-in-the-old-dame-yet-20100312-q3xu.html
You look fantastic! As does Mr FF. I am now a dedicated fan of his outfits and continue to admire his use of colour.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see your new Pucci scarf.
I too enjoy a sparkling shiraz, but generally only have it at Christmas. It is a Christmassy beverage to me.
Re the Dendy, I was happy but then Mr FF said it's reruns not new release foreign art house flicks dammit. I long for the days when I left work on a Monday for an $8 movie.
ReplyDeleteHi FF,
ReplyDeleteWe love your dedication to the Coco and White Jewels necklaces. While they are ridiculously versatile, we do conceed that perhaps it is a little too heavy for your visionary DVF frock.
To rectify this problem we have decided that we would like to be the first people to send you FREE stuff. We are gifting you the new Little Bow Peep necklace, as seen in the latest Courier Mail Alice in Wonderland style special. It will be arriving at the Coalface on Thursday in a custom made pink steamer basket. We know that Little Bow Peep and DVF frock are going to be very happy together.
Love Lotus and Willow from Red Phoenix Emporium
www.redphoenixemporium.com
Willow and Lotus I am 100% happy and excited about this! Hoooooraaayyy!
ReplyDeleteOh I love the Pinot Shiraz from Chandon it's my favorite sparkling :)
ReplyDelete