This is a photo form the Huffington Post. Doesn't our Leader look nice? You could wear any of these get ups today. For the last day of my reign, I had lunch with my 1994-and-still-going-Lunch TeamOn Saturday I met my girlfriends for brunch and lived on the edge and had a chai latte at Eurovida.
On Saturday night I went to drinks at Libertine and actioned some $10 cocktails. I think this is a Miami 2. Don't ask me why it's called that. It had agave syryp in it.
Then we all went to Peasant (I know. I am predictable)

These chicken livers and mushrooms were fantastic
I love a salt cod fried product
This is me. I'm in a By Malene Birger dress. I'm wearing it over a $15 lace top from a fancy designer emoprium we'll call Kmart . I think it'll prove handy for shoving under sleeveless smock frocks. The polish is OPI Russian Navy.
Today my aunt came down to Brisbane and we all went to lunch at The Chelsea at Barracks
The owner gave us all a complimentary glass of champagne! Exciting
For $29.50 you can have 2 course and a glass of wine. It was all very cosy and French Bistro-esque. I loved it actually.

The other night J made me rhubarb for dessert. I'm a joiner so I'm poaching some in my oven right this minute.
is everyone loving this vanilla bean paste as much as me?
This afternoon I decided to sort out my overgrown front garden. It once looked like this, but neglect and drought has killed off a lot of plants that needed to be dug out. I thought I'd do a tiny bit of tweaking.....
and after about 3 hours of swinging a matic an going nuts with my secateurs, I have a huge empty area with no more dead woody plants or overgrown weeds. I just chucked some sugar cane mulch on it to keep the weeds away until I plant it out. Can you see my little aloe vera plant on the top right?
I'm thinking of channeling Janet from the Gardener's Cottage and using plants I already have for this spot. Like winter clothes I can't be bothered spending money on plants. Maybe I'll shove in some geranium cuttings, some lavender, some rosemary and some nasturtians. I might even separate some agapanthus clumps and hippeastrums and shove them in too.
and after about 3 hours of swinging a matic an going nuts with my secateurs, I have a huge empty area with no more dead woody plants or overgrown weeds. I just chucked some sugar cane mulch on it to keep the weeds away until I plant it out. Can you see my little aloe vera plant on the top right?
I am also making rhubarb! I love that vanilla paste, but it it as expensive as lamb! My rhubarb has blackberries and apple with it. I will eat it with custard.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have had a nice few days xx
FF, where do you get that vanilla bean paste from - it looks very yummy and useful...
ReplyDeleteWillow.
Excellent taste in vanilla paste - I have just made biscuits with said paste.
ReplyDeleteHello FF! once again I love everything about your posting! It only lacks a bit of Mr FF, don't think?
ReplyDeleteMay I ask how long it takes you to create such a posting (the dining time not included ;-)
- uploading images and layouting (hyperlinks, bold formatting) plus the writing?
I am slow with domestic duties and I am even slower when it comes to posting.
commenting goes fast! :D
Willow- paste is from Coles at the Barracks
ReplyDeletePaula-took probably 30 minutes for this post because it had a lot of photos-can be faster if less photos-the upload of the slowest bit.
But I'm doing other stuff while that upload is happening. The words always take me the fastest- maybe a few minutes?
Your gardening skills amaze me! Mine looks like a weed bomb has hit it, it's so overgrown I don't even know where to begin :( Love the look of eurodiva's chais, I'm going to check them out soon :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post, love all said plants and have most in my garden too! Also love rhubarb - yum!
ReplyDeleteHullo FF, I'm a long time reader, first time commenter... just wanted to pop in and say thanks for such a warming Sunday night post to help ward of the horrid thoughts of work tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy everything FF dishes up each week.
Cheers!
Oh my wonderful stuff from the orange lamp to the design emporium lace top.
ReplyDeleteI love Geraniums what is not to like xx
Dear FF, I endorse your love of geraniums, I have some and I am very pleased with them they are behaving well and not doing that annoying going brown dying thing some plants do. I also had a go at my front border last week, which was overgrown with leaves, I am planning a gardening post as I am so not into gardening, it could be amusing. Hope not too bad Monday morning blues for you, Bxx
ReplyDeleteYou seem like a very talented chef Fenomenal Fuchsia, I think you should go on Masterchef. It's so popular over here compared to the UK. One guy made those sugary spanish doughnut long things tonight but without the chocolate sauce, he did ok. xxx
ReplyDeletehi ff,
ReplyDeletei'm always so amazed and jealous of your energy. you have such a positive look at everything. how is your aunt doing?
my border is almost full and it was 10 weeks ago that we dug it up. i'll post pics soon.
~janet
I have never ever laid my eyes on such an unusal plant that bromelid has a wicked flower...wow...it looks like a candy!
ReplyDeleteYou have dined well and survived the week in charge of Coalface...hope that your weekend is relaxing.
yum, yum, YUM. and i like that orange glass lamp very much- searched and searched for one for years, to no avail. cool fireplace, too.
ReplyDeleteto answer about the beetle belt:
not really heavy. it's what i'd call substantial, in size and weight. but the thick leather belt balances it. it doesn't sag or feel uncomfortable to wear at all. xo
FF, I was out shopping yesterday and gasped when I thought I saw a whole rack of you. On closer inspection they were frocks from By Malene Birger. With bows around the neck and everything. So FF, I thought.
ReplyDeletePut me down on the Geranium Fan list. Cuttings grow as if by magic. And who doesn't love the orange-red ones.
Food, plants, fashion. One stop shop your bloggy. Love the nail polish... totally rocks.... A-M xx
ReplyDeleteFF my childhood garden was full of geraniums and what a hard bunch of plants they were. We used to make petal confetti, fairy carpets and concocted potions out of them. Many times after a particularly robust day of activity the bushes looked very ramshacked and Mum would come out furious but they were the hardest of plants and recovered quickly.
ReplyDeleteYears ago when I had my fancy pants cottage garden in a more temperate climate I eschewed the old fashion geraniums and planted all the new varieties with lovely leaves that smelt of lemon, roses and mint but sadly they did not give the display nor have the hardiness of the old fashion geraniums of my youth.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Kate B x
Those photos of Jackie are amazing. You're so right, those outfits would look on trend even today!
ReplyDeleteThis is a delicious post!
ReplyDeleteDarn Darn! I've never heard of Vanilla paste but my aunt is coming to visit from Australia this week and I could have asked her to bring!
ReplyDeleteI'm mad for rhubarb desserts- they remind me of my Irish grandmother who used to make a completely insane rhubarb pie (and a huge mess in the kitchen :) )
But most importantly...So you change your nail polish colour more than once a week??
xx
SP
Dear FF.
ReplyDeleteI actioned myself some cymbidium orchids from Pheobe Stevens the other day.
They have huge almost-fuchsia flowers on stalks. Have been meaning to buy for a few years and thought, darn-it, this is the year. PS in NF seems to be cheapest and best value for said orchids.
She also had some amazing looking lavender which I has hoping might survive in Brisbane (lavender as you would know normally keels over in humidity). I think it was French lavender. Might be worth investigating. Would look lovely with your geraniums. Perhaps you could just get one and divide it up, seeing as you are embracing thrift and all.
(sorry for long post, but gardening really gets me going)
Paddy
Dear Slim, I often change polish DAILY!
ReplyDeleteDear Paddy, Sidonie lavender tolerates humidity and was bred for our climate but I favourt French and Italian lavender (altho sidonie is good) x