In all the excitement I forgot to say it was Our Leader's Birthday this week. Happy Birthday Jackie. I think she was a Typical Leo- fussy about her hair, into luxury, attracted to the spotlight, loyal. I think if she lived she would have been 81. Isn't this scarf attractive?Here's an interview podcast with Kitty Kelley after her death in 1994.
My Competition for how you found this blog is still open! Exciting prizes are up for grabs for my favourite entry! Like an OPI nail polish! Feel free to share your story on the post below.
I never get bored of seeing Jackie. She's a true icon. LOVE that scarf. Do you know the designer?
ReplyDelete- Catherine at Littlehouse of Style
http://littlehouseofstyle.blogspot.com/
happpy birthday jackie,
ReplyDeleteyou inspire me everyday to remain full of grace under times of extreme pressure. you are my inspiration.
~janet
I love all the photos of Jackie flying around the place, she always travelled so glam-ly (Is that even a word??) haha
ReplyDelete(Ah, "glamorously" is what I'm thinking of)
I do not know the scarf. I don't think it's pucci or hermes (Maitai are you out there?). Maybe it's Gucci or Ferragamo?
ReplyDeleteShe looked fab at any age. She loved to read and travel. She loved the beach. She loved to decorate. She was very flawed in lots of ways. I love her!
I think Jackie is such a great example for womankind...she suffered so much tragedy and publicly comported herself with grace and elegance.
ReplyDeleteI often wonder where she got her courage, was it faith, family or friends?
Maybe it was a combination of all 3...
Happy Birthday Jackie.
Dear FF, Blighty here, late as I have been for everything else today...I found you via Godammit I'm Mad (no idea how I found her but just could not resist a blog with a title like that); I noticed your amusing comments on Godammit, partic from Consuela and the name Faux Fuchsia was also very catchy; when I first looked at your blog I was terrified, you appeared formidable - no chipped nail varnish, designer dresses, yikes, but once I read your side bars with the FF Scientific Institue and Our Fictitious Housekeeper I knew I had found a blogger with that rare combination of glamour, good looks and amazing humour; within 2 days I was completely hooked, using Capitals with Confidence and speaking fluent Faux Fuchsia; I had also bought at least 4 OPI polishes! So hurrah for FF I say! Bx
ReplyDeleteShe's such an elegant woman, our leader. Others come close but not many are her equal when it comes to style, fashion sense, grace and poise. Happy birthday Jackie.
ReplyDeleteDear FF My spirits are very low at the moment due to an edict from THE TOP that there shall be no use of the internet except for work related matters during work hours!!! how can they!!No employee should have to tolerate slave conditions in this day and age!! maybe Julia or Tony can take this matter up!! How can I keep up with the important things in life through my blog friends- by the way I found an OP1 nail polish called We Will Always Have Paris - its 11/10
ReplyDeleteJackie looks the image of a famous UK footy wag called Carly Zucker. Feline and fabuloso xx
ReplyDeleteNot everyone can carry off Jackie Kennedy's look in this photo - without fine eyes and a perfect shade of lippie, there is the very real danger one could end up looking instead like a elderly frumpy fishwife. However, I am sure that Jackie would have looked fabulous in a sack - and it was have been a very fashionable sack too. Have you thought of adding some other icons to your list of fabulous FF goddesses: Audrey Hepburn, of course and the incomparable Catherine Deneuve who will look elegant and beautiful at 100.
ReplyDeleteHaving just started reading your blog, I confess to some embarrassment about the state of my nails - no chipped nail polish but hardly the manicure that you would approve of. Be assured that I will be making an appointment to get this remedied as a matter of priority.
I learned of your blog at brunch last Sunday from another Australian expat here in Santiago de Chile. I then spent a very pleasant Sunday afternoon perusing your posts with a lovely cup of Earl Grey tea.
Winter is a difficult time for real fabulousness - one tends to sleep in and this can cut into one's grooming time. One can suddenly find oneself in unattractive but very comfy slippers. So many faux pas to make! I look forward to more about how to be glamourous even in the middle of Winter with a husband with no interest in fabulous ties...
FF, i am inspired by you to head North and visit the Valentino exhibit!! I want to visit Peasant and FINALLY visit Black and Spiro. I am now v.v. excited and wondered if you have any recommendations on where to stay???? I am currently looking online at hotels.. I love a good Hotel Buffet Breakfast and am not afraid to get walking around the traps. I am embracing thrift so don't want to go crazy but places like the Hilton and Rydges have special "Valentino" packages... anywhere else to look for some girlie weekend glamour?? Thanks in advance!!
ReplyDeleteon the vogue forums!!! i was so glad you'd started a blog cos i loved reading your posts and i've been a solid reader since!! bahaha sounds like a stalker but... i mean... i'm not outside your window i swear ;)
ReplyDeletexx