Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hermes. Honkers. My Garden.

Ok, so I lived on the edge and bought another Hermes scarf arrangement. I thought it looked pretty snazzy in this photo until my sister helpfully pointed out that I was wearing it back to front.
I am going to miss Honkers a lot
On my last full day there my sister took me out for a beautiful Italian lunch

This pudding was amazing. I think it was a burnt butter and rum icecream.
I love Hong Kong's mixture of crumbling buildings and technology

I saw the H & M/Lanvin window displays

You just know it'll sell out

In the afternoon we went to Sevva for drinks. I love it up there, the views are amazing. Order the high tea. You will not be disappointed.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am attracted to a modern, well organised, clean, efficient airport. Honkers ticks all the boxes. Plus you can check your luggage in at Central and hop on the world's cleanest train to the airport. Talk about a Good Idea.
I never hop on a long haul flight without eating a lot 1st and without packing lots and lots of snacks, because frankly, there might be a long long time before you get something tasty. This was the vegetarian ramen at Ajisen. It was very comforting.
The moon looked attractive over the South China Sea and I busied my self by rewatching season 2 of Mad Men
I'm at home now. Mr FF liked his Barbour scarf. Good enough for the Queen, good enough for him. Meanwhile, worryingly, a large box of giftsI sent from Jersey has gone AWOL. Hope it turns up.
And can I just ask why I am paying $35 for a MAC lipstick in Australia and about $17 for the same thing in Hong Kong? I am so tired of paying hand over fist in this country for Everything. Do not get me started on the costs of groceries and food. I got viva glam 2 and Russian red and some blush called Her blooming cheek.
I missed my garden a lot and spent hours in it yesterday pruning it and actioning other glamorous stuff like killing weeds.
these dianthus looked good

my mint's gone crazy and is sending out runners everywhere




I'm back at the Coalface and it's been fun catching up with my Fellow Coal Miners. Everyone wanted to know about Blighty (the blogger not the country). I told them the truth- she is very funny and kind and generous (she had never purchased a panettone and bought me one! I know. So thoughtful). My FF asked me what my 5 favourite things I did were and what my 5 favourite purchases were. I thought these were excellent questions, so I might action a post about that shortly.

33 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time K! Your photos make me want to visit HK (or I should say Honkers) so badly. I share your despair over the price of MAC in Australia - tried Russian Red today btw, love it! I am slowly moving into the realms of statement red lipstick - exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you not spinning with jet lag? Get to bed early tonight, we can't let you have an excuse to stop blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home FF. Nice to see you back safe and sound and hopefully not suffering jetlag.
    Fabulous scarf. I imagine the tying of this pattern would require careful actioning.
    Lovely garden pics. My gardenias are flowering so I'm happy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Efficiency is a must at any airport!
    I like the fact you can actually get a decent High Tea in Hong Kong. I totally understand you falling for the Hermes scarves. This one is also a small one, 70x70, right?
    I prefer the silk from the smaller scarves over the stiff silk from the 90x90 carrées and plan on getting a red/pink "so kelly"-scarf. Have I seen Mr FF in a tee before? Can't recall it ... Glad you made it safe home and the gifts should arrive soon! I once waited 6 weeks for a parcel, due to customs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, dear Faux Fuchsia! Fantastic blogging on the go, loved every chapter of your travelogue. It was such fun to follow you around England, but v sad to have missed you and Blighty. Great to see you girls had so much fun together, and hoping I can join you one day. Congratulations on your beautiful new scarves, both are fabulous on you. Lovely to see the garden greeting you with such pretty blossoms, I'm sure the flowers missed you as much as we! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back safe and sound!
    p.s. wearing coloured nail polish for the first time in my life...and I am not young.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi ff,

    your garden looks pretty darn good.

    i love mr's scarf. i want one now. is he modeling it? i've never seen him out of his suit before.

    j

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi FF, you continue to be blogtastic! Glad you are home safe and sound. Here it is cold and rainy, so envious of your summer. Loving the new new Hermes scarf, and Mr FF looks very pukka in his Burberry number. Funny, I have been experiencing yearnings for a MAC lipstick recently, will now investigate - and will explain to Mr B that I am saving money as much more expensive in Australia (feminine logic, money saving rule 122). xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous scarf, I luff than one! You've made me want to action a visit to Honkers now more than ever. And how fabulous to return to a garden in full spring regalia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FF,

    I'm glad you made it home safely and had such a wonderful trip. Thank you for sharing your fabulous photos with us along the way.

    My favorite purchase of yours is that gorgeous and tres chic animal print cardy and the first Hermes scarf. I love the color combination.

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the modernism of Hong Kong to the quaint old fashioned Jersey, you sort of had a vacation of extremes didn't you?
    But aren't you glad to be home?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a whirlwind adventure! Glad you had a fab time xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, you're back! have loved the o/s posting so much! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOD. I CANNOT believe that you got home and gardened and went straight to work. I am starting to think that there are two, or even three of you FF. You are truly amazing.
    That trip would have me prostate with jet lag, exhaustion and mild depression that the trip was over.

    You are amazing! That's totally genuine, I'm not being funny or smart bottom (for a change).
    Love
    Louise

    PS How did Mysterious X handle life in the Fuchsiadome?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love the Hermes...and your trip sounded fabulous and now home sweet home...I am sure that Mr. FF and your garden missed you:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Louise X was well behaved but snapped at a few people! He didn't dig up the garden though thank God. I am v. tired but I have a lot to action round here x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photos and descriptions of your trip. The furtherest I have been recently is Brisbane last week for a conference. I have never seen so much rubber in my life, thongs galore. There were some high end shops in the city, but who shops there? The women overall were well dressed, but the men! Mr FF must stand out like a fashion beacon.
    Janey

    ReplyDelete
  19. there are some beautifully dressed people here, but Mr FF does stand out. He has Killer suits. And superior golf clobber.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome home dear FF, just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time and trouble to action all those posts while on your trip. I kbnow it's not easy, and there would have been times when you really couldn't be bothered, but I for one really appreciated it.
    Looking forward to hearing more about your purchases!
    P.S. How about a 2010 photo of you reclining under the Christmas tree?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome home FF. I love your new Hermes scarf, it's gorgeous. Your dedication to blogging whilst you were away is very much appreciated, I loved all the snaps you shared with us. The blooms in your garden are beautiful too. We are the same in this house, as soon as we get home from hols we get into all of our chores Straigth Away, we just can't relax until they are done. Enjoy your day, Cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Ms FF, Welcome home. I hope that you have had a lovely time finding homes for all your lovely new things. I am sorry that I won't be able to show Mr LiC this, your latest post - a client told him this week that he must be "Oh, probably 65", so a teeshirt clad photo if Mr FF would possibly not be the most tactful image at this stage. Of course all the grey hairs were caused by me and the girls. I think he will miss us over the Summer. I do agree that there is much to be said for an efficient airport. Charles de Gaulle in Paris took me ages to get around - and I speak French! It is a good thing they have strategically placed coffee/patisserie places to allow onself to regroup before the next trek to find the metro/ business lounge etc.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I adore Hong Kong, I lived there as a child in the Mid-Levels and go back at least once a year with my husband.

    We were there 6 weeks ago and your photos have made me feel almost home sick for Hong Kong and especially Queens Road H&M.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Envious on at least two counts. 1. My mint is under-preforming. 2. I could always use more MAC lipsticks and at a discount no less!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Remind me not to wear my pluggers to Hermes next week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi again FF.
    Hope you can sleep then, you must be exhausted!
    I'm glad X protected the Fuchsiadome from baddies, and lovingly left the garden intact - paving the way for a potential luffable, superior, 11/10, non ceramic, PuppyFF.
    Love
    Louise
    PS I'll be in Brissie for a few days early next week (without any pets I promise).
    Love a coffee if you have time - I'll get my people (that would be Paddy) to talk to your people.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Please tell me you at least gained a pound on this trip. Please!?

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is making me super excited to visit Hong Kong soon! I am in love with your Hermes scarf, great choice. I want one for myself - fingers crossed one day soon!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. So glad you are back safe and sound. Love the Hermes scarf and the pics from your last few days in 'Honkers'... (my father always refers to HK as Honkers too it was always known as that in our family when we were growing up - is it Expat thing I wonder??)
    Nice for you to catch up with the FF garden and the coalface and everybody too.. x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww I can relate to you so much FF, every time I get back from HK, I go through a phase of post-amazing-lights-city-shopping-food-clothes depression. I wish I was going back to HK this year.

    Lexy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks like fun. Glad you treated yourself to such a pretty scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Miss FauxFuchia- I've been reading the blog for months now, and I LOVE it! I finally figured out how to "follow you"... I'm very slow with technology! Anyway, I am a reader from the USA (St. Louis, MO to be more specific)... and I keep hearing about your nail polish dillemnas! I would be more than happy to ship you polishes, or MAC products from the states! Please let me know if I can help a fellow nail-junkie out!!! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Everything.