
Isn't this a Killer Day Lily?

A lot of gardeners won't plant orange flowers, but I'm a Fan

Mr FF asked me the other day what my 5 favourite things I bought overseas were (because I am a Committed Self Gifter). I couldn't get it down to 5. So here are my 6 favourite things in no particular order.
With my newfound obsession of neutrals, I luff this Chanel tortiseshell brooch 11/10.

I love my Hermes scarf with the longest Hermes scarf name (Thankyou
Maitai for letting me know!)

I love my beige furry collar thingamy and my leopard cardy (sadly still AWOL in the box sent from Jersey Cow. Will I ever see you again?)

I luff my Hermes Kelly scarf with the fuchsia trim

and I love my furry gilet vest thingamy too. I wore it non stop when I was freezing (which was every day almost)

Last night Mr FF and I went to a fancy pants 21st Birthday Party at Giannis at Portside (I know. Fancy). I wore this necklace that my sister left here (she isn't getting it back. I'm not kidding) and a BCBG Max Azria Bluefly silk blue frock that is lined. With Side pockets.

That YSL Y Mail clutch's been good to me.

See those little birthday cupcakes? They were delicious.

The demographic was thus -120 Young People and 50 Old People. Mr FF and I fell into the latter category. I know. It made me sad too. 21 year old girls roamed free looking Beautiful and Tall and Slim and Tanned and Covered in what can only be described as Unbridled YOUTH. Their hair was Good too. The 21 year old boys looked a lot less glamorous and sophisticated. I don't know why. They just did.

Lisa from
Privilege blog sent me a divine Christmas decoration from a swanky shop in San Francisco called
Gumps. I've got in on the tree and it looks fantastic. I put it right next to my pixie. Thanks Lisa- I'll treasure it. The Thank you note's in the post.

I miss being overseas and travelling but it's nice to be home too. This morning I caught up with my girlfriends at
Eurovida and did brunch

and then we went to
Cupcake Couture to consume these little darlings

A few people have asked about Christmas shopping. My family is not exchanging gifts this year, excepting for Niece and Nephew FF. It gets too expensive and we have everything we want anyway (see the level of Hardcore Self Gifting from recent overseas trip above). It's our 1st year of doing this. We are still going to send birthday presents though. Just not Christmas presents.
xxxx
FF
ReplyDeleteI saw that scarf on the Hermes site...nice that you have fuchsia trim could be a statement scarf :)
How sensible to keep presents to the wee ones...
I have always felt that Christmas gift giving was over the top.
Will you please show us that Chanel brooch on a garment getting some playtime?
Dear FF, I too, have embraced the Christmas of Non Gift Giving with my family - much to their chagrin. Is our presence not enough? Not to mention a bakers dozen of Sav Blanc and a mighty fine glazed ham? Your Top 6 rock! x
ReplyDeleteWe call that a Christmas Truce in my family, and we love it. We're the kind of people that when we find something that would make a fabulous gift, we buy it,and then have to sit on our hands to not give it immediately.
ReplyDeleteWe're not very good at sitting on our hands, so by the time Christmas rolls around, there's not much anyone needs or wants.
Also Gumps is chi-chi and fabulous. I just got my Gumps nativity out from storage. It is gorge, and I can say that because it was a gift.
I think non-gifting is a good idea, otherwise gifting gets competitive and someone ends up in tears. LH and I will probably buy for our parents, and that's it. Re: self gifting, there is 10% off at Georg Jensen today - but perhaps it is too late in your timezone to take advantage of this. Also, how do these baker type people get their cupcakes so neat?
ReplyDeleteDear Ms FF, It is the middle of the night but Mr LiC is up watching the cricket via text on the Internet. 7/461 and Australia is leading by 201! I am providing moral support and asking for the score every so often. Your orange lily is beautiful and I am glad that you don't discriminate against them in your garden. It is nice to know you are back to Eurovida as they appear to do a good brunch which is our favourite weekend meal. 21 year old women are very bright and shiny but I agree with you that young Australian men need a little longer to get there - I think it is the group dynamic thingy and Mr LiC says they are dorky. We are now all out for 481!
ReplyDeleteOh I adore that Chanel brooch - saw it in Chanel in Heathrow - wish I had indulged. Do hope you see your parcel very soon FF - how annoying...! (although things from UK to Aust are taking ages and ages it seems at the moment).
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about being amoungst the 21 year olds - all the girls look so beautiful don't they?
Enjoy your weekend - must be lovely to be back with Mr FF again. x
Oh what great treats you picked up!
ReplyDeleteI love the new bauble for the tree, it really made me smile. Your food intake never ceases to amaze me!
Oh, I love Gianni's at Portside. Was there for the first time earlier this year. As I'm giving up the internet for Advent, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. So, all the best and will "see" you Boxing Day.
ReplyDeleteSuzanne
FF - stay hopeful re: your package. A friend of mine sent something from London home to Brisbane and it took easily four weeks or more. Now with the Christmas mail yours could take longer ... fingers and toes.
ReplyDeletelove your fur! please do tell where you found them :)
ReplyDeletelove reading your blog :)
I love your furry vest. It would be perfect for the climate here which is cold, but not so cold as to require a fur coat.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm not a big fan of orange flowers, but at this time of year they are so beautiful with the changing color of the leaves.
Tell me about it! My youngest turns 21 soon. I do suddenly feel like an old chook. I admire how the girls dress to the nines for a night out. How high were their heels FF? My girl wears skyscrapers which make me cringe.
ReplyDeleteCupcakes are so sensible for large gatherings.
Love every self-gifting purchase especially the leopard cardy.
I'll have you know I never put the chrissy tree up early but am happily contemplating doing it today and it's all your fault!
xx
Great to have you back in Brisbane, FF. Envious of your fabulous purchases and travel tales.
ReplyDeleteSelf-gifting is always so advantageous and an excellent source of therapy at any time of the year!!
im appalled that 'faux fuchsia' wasnt in the top 50 stylish queenslander list in sunday's paper today!
ReplyDeleteFF!
ReplyDeleteI spotted you this morning whilst you were breakfast-ing and immediately informed my little brother who is on the wait staff to "action" some "superior" service. I did not approach as I was skulking about in my bikram gear, (not very fabulous) but wanted to let you know how delightfully well groomed and smile-y you seemed from afar.
Yours in hair,
Bikram Girl
So glad you like the ornament. Just had to send something to bring California to FF land!
ReplyDeleteI love self gifting, although I might have to curb my expenditure this year. I want to try and save a little more - being back at work gives me the earning power, I just have to not spend it all right now... A little more shopping my wardrobe will be happening this Christmas I feel!
ReplyDeleteA question for you: now that it's almost December, does FF have her Christmas eating planned? I always love to hear what people like to eat at Christmas...
LPC-Love the ornament.
ReplyDeleteAnon- you should have said hello. Thanks for saying I am smiley- I am very happy and have had an excellent weekend.
Mimi- a few of my friends texted to ask why Mr FF and I weren't on the list!! So funny. As Mr F says "we are too OLD".
tell mr f to bite his tongue! not too old! one can never be too old to be stylish ;)
ReplyDeleteOh FF - I know what you mean about the absolute shining loveliness of unbridled youth! It's a quandary - hanging around with those gorgeous young girls can make you feel rather, well, less youthful, but on the hand, spending time talking and laughing with them also makes you feel younger!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful souvenirs, dear FF! With two of them being scarves, you make my heart sing! Luff your scarf tying and thingamys 11/10! xx
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the outstanding work!
ReplyDeleteMy website ... fitness watch reviews
My webpage: cheap gym bags for kids
I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website. I really hope to see the same high-grade content from you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal site now ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso visit my web page; St Cloud Floral