I'm not in the mood to blog or to be amusing because I've just started watching the absolute Horror of the Australian Live Cattle Export Trade to Indonesia on Four Corners. Those Indonesia slaughterhouses are like something out of a horror film. The cruelty is unbelievable. Why must these cattle be tortured for so long before they are slaughtered? Is anyone else watching this? Monday, May 30, 2011
Monday
I'm not in the mood to blog or to be amusing because I've just started watching the absolute Horror of the Australian Live Cattle Export Trade to Indonesia on Four Corners. Those Indonesia slaughterhouses are like something out of a horror film. The cruelty is unbelievable. Why must these cattle be tortured for so long before they are slaughtered? Is anyone else watching this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was watching it but had to switch the television off. The level of suffering is unconscionable.
ReplyDeleteD xxx
I watched it.
ReplyDeleteThat level of cruel mistreatment beggars belief.
The programme sounds awful and I admire you for being able to watch it and for mentioning it here - I hope it raises outrage. The obscenities committed to give the first world ever cheaper meat are absoutely disgusting.
ReplyDeleteLove your boy's sweaters - hasn't he grown! - and your yeast baking looks really wonderful.
Opps from gorgeous to gory - it is such a lovely and cruel world.
ReplyDeleteMake an installation from the cute jumpers - frame them xx
Oh what's on top of the dough balls/bread - it's calling my name. I really like that lipstick shade on you and I am loving the little one's sweater, I do want one with that colour combo.
ReplyDeleteI didn't watch four corners Faux Fuchsia but thank you for bringing my attention to it on your blog. It is utterly heart breaking to hear about animals being treated so badly. There is no justification for such cruelty.
ReplyDeleteFF I cannot bear to watch. The promo and report on the news was enough. Have watched similiar footage in the past and I'm a complete basketcase afterwards.
ReplyDeleteBarbaric. This practice must be stopped.
xx
I was watching but had to turn off - too sad.
ReplyDeleteHi - what is the shade of the lipstick you are wearing in the pic ? the beigey / pink one. very pretty.
ReplyDeletewanted to turn it off but felt had to see it through to the end
ReplyDeletemac viva glam 2
ReplyDeleteThe pink clouds were incredible! Gorgeous jumpers - I'm in awe of people who can knit these creations.
ReplyDeleteLike Anne-Marie, I just couldn't watch as I have watched similar shows in the past and been inconsolable for days. Even now I feel physically ill and anxious just knowing what was being aired.
ReplyDeleteI'm full of this impotent anger - there will be many letters and emails written from the M-J Cattery to MP's, LiveCorp and Indonesia's diplomatic representatives in this country.
Ugh.
On a brighter note - love Baby FF's jumpers AND your MAC viva Glam 2.
Milo Jean xxx
Traumatised. The last image of the quaking beast watching the slaughter of the others will stay with me for ever.
ReplyDeleteMilo jean, I'm going to write too- I can't belive the government is funding this horror.
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking of a trembling steer and feel rage that this is happening right now, tonight.
I don't mean to hijack your blog Faux Fuchsia but to anyone wishes to vote to ban Australian live exports you can do so here:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.banliveexports.com/
This links enables you to send a letter to Julia Gillard and urge her to ban live exports. It doesn't take long.
Highjack away.
ReplyDeletelivecorp@livecorp.com.au is the email address to let them know how you feel.
Ban live exports.
Q and A are now discussing live exports.
ReplyDeletemy mum just rang me, shaken and in tears about four corners tonight. she's seen some pretty horrific things most people wouldnt have seen, especially working in emergency medicine, but she said it was the most disturbing thing she'd ever seen.
ReplyDeletehonestly it made me feel sick/horrible/sad/angry/anxious just hearing about it. why do people do some truly heinous things and not care? sigh :(
loving your baking. im trying to cut out my bread intake, but i can live vicariously through your blog! :)
Mimi your mum was right- the cruelty was unbelievable. It was hardcore torture. I have never seen anything like it.
ReplyDeleteThere is no need to action that sort of torture prior to slaughter.
Have emailed livecorp and think I might just hound them for awhile.
ReplyDeleteBan live exports have confronting images also :(
You got it right FF...theres absolutely no need for torture.
I need to go cuddle my dog.
xx
Thanks for providing the livecorp email address Faux Fuchsia. I just sent them a message.
ReplyDeleteTake action FF! Take action!! Then you will have done your bit, spoken your truth and agitated for change.
ReplyDeleteI am filled with admiration for everyone who got to the end of what sounds like an absolutely harrowing programme. I hope everyone screws their anger up into a little ball and uses it to improve animal welfare in this area.
Ali x
PS - your sky photos are gorgeous and I love those little knitted jackets.
this is why i'm vegan. the cruelty is criminal. or should be.
ReplyDeleteyou look so beautiful and the sky is amazing.
xo
janet
I watched it for some time but couldn't bear to see it to the end.
ReplyDeleteI didn't see the last scene of the quacking steer but the thought is enough to bring a knot to my throat.
I'm saddened to think even if we do manage to ban live export, this sort of practice will still continue in that part of the country to their own animals. To them, its just a standard operating procedure to the end product and a day's wage.
Hi FF, just watching Q and A. Yes horrible didn't see it on four corners but saw reports on the news. But one person drew the parable between boat people and the cattle trade. What is worse and how many people will do something boat people versus live cattle. Something to think about. Meanwhile home knitted jumpers for baby ff georgous. Is it really that cold in QLD
ReplyDeletePaula in Perth
Found this doing the rounds with Australian friends on Facebook - maybe a place to start?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.getup.org.au/
I tried posting a comment earlier, but it looks not to have saved ;-(
Ali x
You'll have to save those knitted sweaters by allowing some special stuffed animal to wear them! Then you can always appreciate them.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful skies.
ReplyDeleteDid you see on the tele those unreal water spouts off Sydney?
You're a braver soul than I for watching Four Corners last night.
I couldn't do it.
But please let this exposure make a difference.
Thank you for posting about the poor animals FF. I couldn't watch it as I find it too traumatising. We need to make this end.
ReplyDeleteYou did very well to watch till the end, I couldn't bear it. Thanks for the email addresses, will get onto the letter writing ASAP. Beautiful sky, baby jumpers, lippy. Have a good day, Kell
ReplyDeleteI couldn't watch it FF but have been active in writng to my MP the Prime Minister and the livestock organisations.
ReplyDeleteHere is a link to a petition
http://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/animals/live-export/spread-the-word
Glad you liked the RachelMissoni photo
kate Bx
Thank you FF! Your humanity is the heart of your blog so what better way to spread the word about this travesty.
ReplyDeleteHere is some more contact details.
ReplyDeleteI implore you all to act.
https://animalsaustralia.qnetau.com/take_action/festival-of-sacrifice/spread-the-word
Yes, thank you for highlighting this unfathomable cruelty these poor animals are subjected to. I have got onto those websites mentioned above and spread the word to all my friends. Especially since having babies, i cannot stand mistreatment of 'voiceless' creatures, whether human or animal. Shame on the governmentt!!!!!!!! I don't care how much money our economy has to forego, this has to stop! Thanks again for publicising it.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't watch it all either, but thank you for mentioning it on your blog. I hope everyone can make the effort to get this stopped. Like you, I enjoy cooking and eating meat, but I want the animals treated humanely from the beginning to the end of their lives. Such treatment is appalling and we should be ashamed.
ReplyDeleteMakes me want to become a vegetarian... Those poor poor animals :(
ReplyDeleteI adore Baby FF's little woollen jumpers, so soft and warm looking! How wonderful is stripes on babies!?!
Also LOVE the shade of lippy your wearing in the above piccie...
loving the stroller.
ReplyDeletei found it here:
http://www.bugaboo.com/252
list of stores that sell it here:
http://www.bugaboo.com/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=058aaedd-e4cd-48f9-b398-0978ca1ff859&groupId=10136
you have probably already looked this up, but just in case :)
Good on you FF for voicing your outrage at what goes on. If enough people are upset and actually do something positive about it then this type of practice will be forced to cease. Those darling creatures need us all to help them. I keep a treasure box for each of my daughters and in there somewhere are gorgeous hand embroidered clothes which I hope they will pass down to their own babies. Like that lippy too by the way....
ReplyDeleteI am with gardener's cottage re: veganism due to poor animal treatment. Hate to say it, but animal treatment in aus is not exactly stellar either - won't go into detail here because people can google. Apologies formpoor iPhone typing.
ReplyDeleteI didn't watch it, but I actually feel really sick and almost in tears just reading about it. Evil, evil stuff. I am emailing people right now.
ReplyDelete