
I ordered my Missoni bugaboo hood whatsy and the blanket. I love it and can't wait for it to arrive. I ordered mine from Bubs Baby shop. They're only getting a few so if you want to jump on the Missoni bandwagon, you'd better Run Don't Walk.

The blanket colours are excellent.


Here's a soothing Zsa Zsa image. She was so glamorous.


Malene Birger doesn't just design Superior frocks, she says
Smart Stuff like not being able to relax when surrounded by Squalor. Me too Malene! I can't think properly when surrounded by mess and disorder, so I've been having a general tidy to distract myself from all the bad stuff happening in the world like the Live cattle trade to Indonesia and the sad news that the policeman shot of the coast died and the depressing fact that 2 more Australian soldiers have been killed in Afganistan.

Actioning some mindless domestic minutiae can be calming during life's trying times I think. Meanwhile Willow tells me that Carla Bruni's having a baby (is it twins?). Carla has very nice hair.

Blogger is letting me down emotionally and physically and will not let me post comments on other blogs Dammit. I wanted to comment on
A Farmer's Wife Blog, because her daughter ("Farm Girl") wants to be me and is Hardcore Channeling Niece FF!
Because I always bake when directed to do so by The Universe, I've got a cheesecake in the oven. Here's one I made before so you'll have a visual. I feel the sour cream topping's essential don't you?
Nothing else to report. Except you might want to sign this
petition. It's about banning Live Trade. Apparently New Zealand already has. They gave women the vote pretty fast too. Very progressive those Kiwis.
xxxx
Did I not hear that Carla Bruni is having twins??
ReplyDeleteI just linked to you in a post about my little girl (who is a big fan of your blog). Hope this is OK.
ReplyDeleteI think that may well be the best looking cheesecake I have seen in my entire life.
Oh Carla will have beautiful twins, i managed gorgeous ones & i'm not a super model.
ReplyDeleteMissoni, love it, had to drag myself from their store in Italy last year with 4 children & a home to adorn them with zig zaggy goodness.
Thanks for thinking of the soldiers we just lost, it is so heartbreaking & makes the fact my husband is returning there for 9 months, even more difficult. It's left me less bubbly this week, their poor families. Ditto the police who are always under attack from freaks out there.
The poor cattle, in a Kamal voice "why are people so unkind", they are truly revolting & the lowest of low, killing like it's 2000 years ago, inhumane!!
Enjoy your cheese cake & that sweetheart of a son, love Posie
Farmer's wife I loved your post and your daughter is DIVINE!!!!! She is like my niece. 'Cept blonder. I tried to comment but Blogger and Computer are channeling Little Britain skit and saying No. Dammit.
ReplyDeletePosie I am sad to hear about your husband. Stay strong xxxxxxxxxx
Like you, FF, when the awful things of the world get inside my head I have to clean and tidy. Ordering your own environment can make you feel so much better. I added my name to the petition.
ReplyDeleteCarla is being a bit annoying and attention seeking by not confirming her pregnancy, but a baby in the Elysee will be very cheering. I wonder if Mrs. Obama is trying for a third? Seems like a pregnant wife is now essential for all campagining leaders!
I'm very fond of Kiwis. They're cleverer than we give them credit for! I've signed that petition. Who wouldn't?
ReplyDeleteThanks for providing the link to the petition FF.
ReplyDeleteLife is a little more challenging than usual at the moment in my neck of the woods and I found colour coding my scarves today helped.
I know I have people in my life that would think this activity the most banal way of handling stress, but I think anything that helps me and harms none is the bees knees.
Catherine
Yes it's been a very trying week with lots of sad news.
ReplyDeleteMy comments will go through from the desktop but not the laptop. Whats going on? Must be computer gremlins around FF.
I so feel like some cheescake, afraid it's mother hubbards here tonight.
xx
Sour cream - and lots of butter!
ReplyDeleteDear Ms FF, I have to hope that something good will come out of all the mess and chaos. My eldest is home with a cold today, so after lots of cuddles we are going to write to all and sundry to stop the cruel treatment of cattle in Indonesia and then we are going to write to all our family and friends and ask them to do the same. More power to you, Ms FF for raising this as an issue - otherwise we would never have known. By the way, we may have to action our own cheesecake afterwards! Lindaxxx
ReplyDeleteI had to leave a comment - partly because Blogger is letting me leave a comment on FF's blog but not others!!!! Don't understand. Love that pram cover. Your bub is going to be so stylish..... I agree that there is too much bad stuff happening this week. Thoughts and prayers to anyone who has partners in the police/armed forces or any sort of job where their life is on the line.
ReplyDeleteCheesecake and Missoni buggyies - divine.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work re the petition!
Ali x
Love the Missoni bugaboo cover, it's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI also clean the house to within an inch of it's life when stressed or worried, I actually find it very soothing.
Btw, I would also like to be you, FF when I grow up!!
xo
Lisa
you have the best distractions from a world gone insane. i truly enjoy your blog.
ReplyDeletei signed that petition. but i cannot watch the video, because i will cry my eyes out and i'm having a rather good day, so i'll just go with what i know about the cattle export- which disgusts and saddens me to the very core.
again, thank you for bringing this to your blog- life's not always rosy (or fuchsia!) but in spite of all the madness, there's a lot of good stuff, too. :)
speaking of good stuff: your flowers are pretty! at first glance, i thought the white rose was a gardenia...or maybe it is a gardenia. anyway, it's lovely.
Blogger has been driving me nuits! but I think I figured it out after some research: if you untick the 'keep me signed in' or whatever its called when you log in, then for some reason you can leave comments. It has been upsetting me emotionally too. The world can be a cruel place sometimes (nothing to do with blogger comments)
ReplyDeleteTrish x
With blogger comment problems, I have found opening blogger in a Safari browser avoids these issues :)
ReplyDeleteWhen everything gets too much - I like to go outside and walk in the fresh air and look at the birds and the insects and the plants.
ReplyDeleteYesterday, I went for a walk in the Grampians and there was an earthquake! True.
Such a sweet post from A Farmers Wife.
ReplyDeleteI agree, a tidy home makes one feel much calmer. Which is probably why I don't feel calm. I am in need of some hardcore tidying, both at home and work. Everything is just a bit chaos and clutter at the moment.
ReplyDeleteIt has been such a sad week, all the terrible news, makes me want to switch over to commercial radio where they never have any news and current affairs.
Very decadent baked goods are helping me through the tough times though.