Well the Orphanage obviously missed the Sequins Are Over Memo because today the Toddler handed me this artistic endeavour. It's a sequintastic paper plate! Start them young I say.
FF Readers were unanimous is their opinion. Sequins are So Not Over, they've Just Began.
Thank God.
If they were over about 27% of my wardrobe would've been rendered unwearable over night.
Let's take a quick mini trip down Sequin Memory Lane. Just for Old Time's Sake
In Royal News Kate Wills and George are coming to Oz next year. You can just tell that all the magazines are going to do side by side Then and Now shots of Diana's visit and compare what she wore to what Kate wears. Goody.
Do you think the Queen is wearing a Hermes scarf here? Maitai? Anyone?
FF Garden's produced some high end, no rubbish blooms:
Remember this Old DVF stalwart sourced form Jean Brown about 4 years ago?
Wheeled it out again today to haul self to the Coalface in. Wore this Red Phoenix necklace with it-
Feeling Christmasssy yet? If not why not?
In sad news I am still ridiculously sick but in happy news in less than 24 hours, my Mother will be in the House. Thank God. We need some people in robust good health around these here parts.
In other happy news we have some blog giveaway winners.
The gorgeous Freshwater Style towel goes to blog Stalwart Tonkath
In other happy news we have some blog giveaway winners.
The gorgeous Freshwater Style towel goes to blog Stalwart Tonkath
And the Red Phoenix necklaces go to Immy
Congratulations! Please get your people to contact my people so we can send out the loot. Thanks to everyone who commented. I luffed reading the comments.
This week I've mentioned little Hugh who suffers from Alpers Syndrome. His Uncle is riding from Brisbane to Byron Bay and back this weekend and lots of high profile cyclists including Olympians are going too. Their aim is to raise funds for research into this horrible and cruel disease. There is no cure for Alpers. And the symptoms are beyond dreadful. Hugh and Families like his need our support.
You can read about the tour and brave and beautiful Hugh's journey here.
Happy Weekend.
xxxxx







I love that plate...he is a talented boy.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you are still sick...tis not the season to be feeling ill! I know your mother will look after you all...feel better soon!
Luff it too! Mr FF and I are competing over who is the sickest. Counting the moments til mum arrives. x
DeleteSorry to hear you are still suffering. Sequins really are the best medicine- and that art project is 11/10. Look forward to the royal visit. I managed to sneak a peak at Prince William on his last tour to Aus. I was standing on the corner in Toowoomba with my then 6 month old- it was prime position, bc the car has to slow down. It also helped to have a young one nearby. The royals love a baby. x
ReplyDeleteThe plate is stunning, my house is missing children's art!
ReplyDeleteoh FF! I had a minor lurgy this week. Hope you are feeling alright. I just had a mince pie AND a pink biscuit so can't complain. Might have whiskey chaser.
ReplyDeleteGlad your mum is coming, i saw mine last weekend. I miss her. The toddler's talents know no bounds xx
I was so excited to find that I had won a prize in today's blog!! I have emailed you my address (included a couple of shots of the wedding - couldn't help myself) and I really need that beach towel too. Love it sick! Many thanks. I do hope you are feeling a bit better and on the mend. Of course Mr FF will be much sicker tham you - man flu and all. Hope the
ReplyDeletetoddler has been spared, he needs to keep up his putting practice. Thanks again - Tonkath
Oh no, sequins are still in. Here a (former) fashion editor from Conde Nast tells us all about it. http://www.lecatch.com/2013/12/sequin.html Hope this will ease your pain and provide direction for those who are lost.
ReplyDeleteGlorious sequins! Glad your mum will be on deck to care for you all.
ReplyDeleteYour son's plate has a lot of sparkle perhaps he has been inspired by sequins. Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Hope you are better soon...only a few sleeps til Santa comes!
ReplyDeleteToddler FF must be very excited!
Take care.
Please please, you have to tell us how many sequined outfits you own. You seem to be wheeling out a new one in each post. Are you the shiniest girl in all Brisbane ? xxx
ReplyDeletedear ms fuchsia,
ReplyDeletewould you consider giving tips on how to care for your sequined clothing? I wonder how you feel about dry cleaning them? or do you hand wash?
can they be hung or will the weight ruin them. i don't have many sequins but i do care about the ones i have.
thanks!
x
beautiful plate, little FF! Hope you're all feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteThe queen adores hermes scarves and the one she is wearing looks like a vintage one though I cant see enough detail to try and guess which one. PS you do need to do the claridges tree next year!
ReplyDeleteHow lucky are you to have a mother to come to you ..I know though how much you appreciate her .
ReplyDeleteIve always loved that navy sequinned top...looks great with the orange beads
Hope you feel better soon ...
You have got the rilly rilly great pins, girl! Loving all the sequins, going back up to choose my fave. Christmas is all about the glitter on the carpet, makes me very happy
ReplyDeleteFlowers are fab...so is the sequin journey...made me smile! Hope your feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteUgh I was sure I was going to win. Boo! Sorry you are still crook what a bum. Get better quick sticks before Santa is upon us!
ReplyDeleteLove the sequin retrospective. I had that same email land in my inbox. I just couldn't believe the title - surely they were just being provocative???
ReplyDeleteLove the orphanage art - they really do set a high standard these days at the orphanages, rather than making them scrub halls or something (although that is also a valuable life skill, and not to be discouraged). Congratulations to the well deserving winners of the blog giveaway too! xx
He is afterall his mother's boy! It's in the genes.
ReplyDelete(Get well soon, FF!)
Please do us a favour - don't ever give up the sequins, FF. It would be like making a roast chicken without any butter - unthinkable! So don't ever disappoint us please dear. But only 27% of your wardrobe? More like 70% surely??
ReplyDeleteDon't you know it was thanks to you that I finally purchased my first sequined item of clothing, for my birthday this year - a hot Charlie brown frock with an emerald green upper half (Pantone colour of the year darling), with a dazzling silver sequined mini for the lower half. It was so shiny and I got so many compliments I felt like THE BOMB. So thank you!
Hope you feel better soon, say hi to your Mum for us and Happy Weekend to you too xx
Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteHappy Christmas to all the FF Family.
xxx
Not that I think sequins are over, even if they are you just wear them to be individual and then you become fashion forward when they reappear. My thoughts anyway.
ReplyDeleteI've just been out and picked every rose in my garden. They are currently chilling in the fridge ahead of a 2 hour drive to Christmas with the family at the beach. I can't wait, I just need to convince the other half to stop playing his computer game.
Good health wishes to you, have a wonderful Christmas!
Your sequins are a blessing unto the World. As are you.
ReplyDeleteGod bless little Hugh; such a tiny lad should not have to suffer.
FF, I thought of you today when I was at the Queensland Museum. If you haven't been to the Afghanistan exhibition, you really must. Believe it or not, there is a room full of sequins! Ancient, pure gold, fabulous, timelessly magnificent sequins!! Run, don't walk...
ReplyDeleteThank goodness you are leading the charge, long live sequins! You better be feeling better by now ...
ReplyDelete