Yesterday I went to a beautiful lunch on the river. Wheeled out this old DVF dress that Amber gave me maybe 4 years ago. I still absolutely luff it. I wish I'd taken photos of the food because it was pretty special.
Meanwhile, sometimes, only carbs caviar and cream fraiche will do.
Said Yes to Pink on Friday
Isn't this coconut curry attractive? All those flowers.
Actioned some rolls
Had a bit of a Goodbye lunch on Saturday for Mum who's now in Europe.
It was minus 7 yes minus 7 at their home the other day. Can you imagine?
I've got the friends coming for dinner
So I've set the table and made a lasagna
The news is so bleak what with the Malaysian air disaster and the Gaza situation.
So much sadness. When will it all end?
Stay connected.
xxx

Greatly admire your capacity for mid-week entertaining! Haven't commented in ages but still a devotee!
ReplyDeleteyou are sweet- when you set the table in advance it is easy!
DeleteI don't think the sadness ever ends. If it's overwhelming, I just stop watching the news. I threw an old fashioned fondue dinner on Saturday night and had a great time. I made an Apple Mule (ginger beer, apple juice and lime juice) to try and offset all that cheese. Minus seven? Incredible! So glad I have such good insulation now. The weather lately has been so beautiful, these moody skies can't last long xx
ReplyDeleteI wept during the news at 6 this morning it was just so sad. x
DeleteI have been lying in bed ill all weekend. Thank you for your post. It has cheered me up no end. Wish someone would send me some of that coconut curry. Looks divine! xxx
ReplyDeleteI want it too x
DeleteThe world is poo. Nothing for it but to find solace in carbs, colour and patterns.
ReplyDeletejust so SAD xx
DeleteBleak news alright. Can't stop thinking about the poor couple that lost their 3 children and grandfather.
ReplyDeleteI've actioned a comforting chicken soup and have bread rolls in the oven as we speak.
comfort food is the way forward x
DeleteYou really do put on a good spread.
ReplyDeleteOh that air line disaster is agonising to read about, those three young children are just stuck in my mind, I don't know how their parents will get through, it's tragic.
I know. So many kids were on that plane.
DeleteBarbaric.
They published the photos of them here today - so dreadfully sad and then all the women, kids and old people dying in Gaza. It makes me feel sad but also makes me feel very angry that the UN and others don't step up to the plate to force a stop to all this killing. I can't begin to imagine what all the people involved in those tragedies are going through, being unable to retrieve their loved ones from the wreckage of planes and buildings to bury them. Just sickening, tragic and vile. :((
DeleteUN is always described as a toothless tiger. At least we've had the vote this morning.
DeleteThe pictures on the news are indeed vile and barbaric.
I would love to try your crab lasagne one day.
ReplyDeleteLove the pink chanel bag and your dress - i find dvf lasts for many years and they tend to be a great buy.
i said i wouldnt watch the news and yet i did again last night. its too much. then just when i didnt think it could get worse it did. stay safe and hope your mum will enjoy the mugginess in London right now xx
I think she will feel the heat given a regular winter morning for her is sub zero! x
DeleteSo much dreadful news! All those AIDs researchers, so many children, so much potential. Sometimes reaching for something pretty and frivolous is the only way.
ReplyDeleteagreed. x
DeleteI turned off the television and made a chicken tartiflette last night. Potato, cream, brie, chicken, bacon, mushrooms and more accompanied by a nice glass of wine and some mindless comedy was the remedy for a sad, cold weekend. It is just a time to hug your loved ones close isn't it?
ReplyDeleteyes it is.
Deletexx
You are looking glorious. Love the DVF dress.
ReplyDeletedress always ensures a fun time x
DeleteI can't even bear to listen to the news anymore. TV reporter found going through luggage at crash site. Disgraceful.
ReplyDeleteAll we can do is love fiercely, dress fabulously, be nice to people and cook good food. All of which you do 11/10
it was appalling!!! x
DeleteFF, yare so right. It is all so desperately sad and gloomy on the news right now. I am even thinking of having an embargo as it is starting to make me feel down. However, I come here for my dose of colour, superior styling and to action of FF recipe ideas! Imagine my dismay when I was unable to behold the magnificence of the FF page on how to do buns!!!! It says it no longer exists! I am bereft I tell you! Please point me in the right direction - so hot in Blighty right now that I am desperate for standard issue FF updo xxx
ReplyDeletethat is weird, how can it no longer exist? Your version of hot is probably cardigan weather for me. !! x
DeleteLuff your faux fur gilet, mine has been a staple lately!
ReplyDeleteThe news is beyond wretched. If only turning it off meant it would go away.
Love how Cilla signed off - truth!
Nx
love fiercely might become my new sign off! x
DeleteDear FF. So needed to read your blog. Lost a much loved colleague in that plane along with her husband. Our community is finding it very hard to bear. So awful. So pointless. We need normalcy and delight in small comforts. Utterly overwhelming Love always LJD
ReplyDeleteI am so so sorry to read this. How awful for you and their family.
DeleteAustralia is so isolated and we think nothing of jumping on planes for long haul flights and we put so much trust in the pilot the airline and Ukranian separatists not to blow us out of the sky.
Just all so sad x
Hi FF your lasagne arrangement looks 11/10 - I could inhale it. Luff your work as usual. Ax
ReplyDeleteIt was tasty x
DeleteFF,
ReplyDeleteWe have many friends and acquaintances whose grown children & families have emigrated to Israel. It's hard fir me to sleep knowing they are in harm's way. I hate what is happening on both sides. But these fights are biblical in nature. How does God choose a side?
God has nothing to do with this barbarism.
DeleteIt's about land, power, control and terror.
I can barely fathom trying to raise a family in these circumstances. The images on the news are unbearable.
I came a bit undone today after a news clip from Gaza which showed four distraught young girls and their Dad scared and crying upon news their mother had been killed.
ReplyDeleteTo the powers that be..Just Stop It!
Annie xx
I know exactly the image you refer to.
DeleteDevastating x
So agree! I saw that news clip too and the tears came to my eyes. I imagined if our little granddaughters and son were in that terrible situation. So much horror in the world. I pray for a resolution and peace in Gaza.
DeleteThe news is sad and depressing - but we are so lucky in Australia to live in a country that is relatively prosperous and at peace. But as a nation we need to be kinder I think and to have more compassion in our hearts for those poor people who are trying to escape from fear and oppression and suffering - instead of demonising them and calling them queue jumpers and illegals. Your blog isn't about world peace I know but sometimes all the horror and sadness does inevitably impinge.
So pleased to hear your mother is in England safely and visiting your sister! It will be lovely for them both! Pammie xxx
I've been trying not to watch too much news, and am starting to get a bit worried for the kids watching it. It can get so overwhelming! It's sad and terrifying thinking of what is yet to come in retribution.
ReplyDeleteInstead, of an afternoon/evening, we have been going out shooting. We are a bit overrun with feral pigs and I am feeling like something out of the Hannibal book!!!!! There's a growing lack of feed and we are hammering them so we'll have feed for cows and our baby calves.
can be overwhelming. And it should be, because who wants to remain immune to suffering?
DeleteI can't watch the news at the moment, makes me too sad for the world Rita might grow up in. Love the outfits and table settings in this post. L xx
ReplyDeleteI think about this all the time x
Deletelove that dvf. so perfect on you. x
ReplyDeletethanks J it is a favourite x
DeleteMusic helps, pets definitely help and seeing your food photos helps too. Thanks FF
ReplyDeleteI know domestic minutiae are the way forward x
DeleteJust awful, both of those situations. Keep thinking about those children too. Loads of children on planes these days, Cy just set off to NY yesterday, but you've got to keep on going.
ReplyDeleteDVF is amazing isn't when you get just the right piece, they last for ever and it doesn't matter how strong the pattern you never tire of it. She's a gift.
so true you have to keep going. Esp if you live a 24 plane ride from the action. Can't stay home forever!
DeleteDVF is indeed a gem x