Just wash and pat dry your chook, coat it in butter and put butter between the skin and breast with fresh herbs. I use a lot of salt and pepper. You should too. Cook in a 200 degree oven for 20 minutes per 500g plus 30 minutes. You won't be sorry.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Roast Chicken FF Style (People Afraid of Butter Look Away Now)
Just wash and pat dry your chook, coat it in butter and put butter between the skin and breast with fresh herbs. I use a lot of salt and pepper. You should too. Cook in a 200 degree oven for 20 minutes per 500g plus 30 minutes. You won't be sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh that looks lovely. Nothing better than a roast chook!
ReplyDeletethat bun is the bomb!
ReplyDeleteI also endorse cooking with butter. A roast chook without butter is a crime.
I love using butter with everything as well! Even eggs!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, that is not so good for my expanding waistline!
You really can't cook without butter- it is essential!
ReplyDeleteYou and Pioneer Woman are kindred spirits when it comes to butter...
ReplyDeleteLooks great! I want to try it...
ReplyDeleteI love butter!
ReplyDeleteI go overboard, the more the butter.
eeerr I mean better. Or do I?
Butter makes the world go round. Love the food post FF, more please!!
ReplyDeletex
Very lovely looking chicken! And the salad looks amazing, I could learn from you about salad presentation
ReplyDeleteIf salad looks Good it tastes Better.
ReplyDeleteFF,
ReplyDeleteThis is my first time posting on your ahmahzing blog. Your writing is so witty and funny I am always to scared to comment but I do just have to say that I have the exact same ballet flats. From Honky.
This pleases me greatly as you do have the best style!
FF, am cooking a chook now, used rosemary and thyme snipped from the garden in the cavity and lots of butter everywhere. Thanks for this!
ReplyDelete