Monday, May 21, 2018

Royal Wedding Debrief.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the lead up to, and the royal wedding itself. Sad it's over.
Everyone really got into the spirit.
 I even wheeled out my Irish Linen Charles and Di tea towels. (these were my friend's grandma's and she gave them to me last year).
Apparently in 1981 Di got cold feet and wanted to pull out but her sisters said "Too late, your face is on the tea towels".
Exhibit A:
 Loved this made for tv movie about Harry and MM. 
This is meant to be G and Old Kate having brekky:
 And these actors  looked pretty much like the real MM and Harry: 
Sad Di wasn't there.
I think she would have eventually remarried and that she and Prince C would have come together as friends and behaved for the sake of the kids.
Love her:
 Freaking loved Queen Mary's tiara that the Queen Mum wore at her wedding and that MM wheeled out:
Loved Prince C walking MM up the aisle. Also loved the gospel choir, the flower arches, Camilla's hat, Doria's outfit, the people watching, HM in green and purple, and all the fascinating commentary.
Old Sophie looked nice. Good to see some sparkle
Perfect (from Mari Andrew) -
I kind of want to make a lemon cake now
Naturally we celebrated here (roast beef with all the trimmings including Yorkshire puddings)
Whistlestop tour of Sydney for Mothers and Aunts Day
Finally it's Scarf Weather. Hooray! Because Sydney was freezing.
These Two made what can only be described as a Huge Fuss.
Here's my heavily teased dyed and sprayed 'do outside Catalina. The gale force wind momentarily threatened  the Integrity of the Tease, but luckily, High Hair Prevailed. Thank God.
Thanks for getting me the table Janet T (not her real name). Love you to bits for it.
And we drank your wine.
Speaking of my Versace top, when does the mini series start?
Winner:
Fratelli. Love it there.
Freaking LOVE this scarf that beautiful J sent me from Paris. I will always treasure it.
Dying for Hello mag? Me too. And for the Prince Charles 70th birthday snaps as well.
Stay focussed.
xxxx

24 comments:

  1. love your little boy's pictures - drawings i mean. wasn't the wedding a blast? she looked gorgeous and he looked so love-struck. wonderful stuff. cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I love them too! Yes loved the wedding! x

      Delete
  2. This is everything. I saw the message about acknowledging all the bad in the world while enjoying this wedding. I agree 110%. SRJ looked a treat but she was overlooked for oprah and Amal.
    I am keen to see what their bub will look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such good people watching!!!! They will be lovely parents. Hope you are well? xxxx

      Delete
  3. Loved everything about the wedding! Loved that Mari Andrew post on Instagram too. Can't wait to see the movie. Hopefully it's as good as the Will & Kate one with Camilla Luddington and the guy from Unreal Season 1.

    PS: Good call with the yorky puds. Deliciously underrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed our comments and the baby in the seagull outfit remains in my top 5 comments ever which you prob don't recall but I do x

      Delete
  4. Loved the wedding, love Harry, Meghan & her mama and choir in that order. I’m making Nigella’s lemon polenta cake this eeek, so inspired by H&M’s exquisite cake. I buy Hello and Gournet Traveller and Country Living if sick or on holidays. The best pics in Hello mag. So much goodness in your blog, colour, food, scarves. Hooray from Cheekie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I cannot wait to see what MM wears to the 70th!! x

      Delete
  5. Love this scarf heavy post. You look fab! I've only just started to get mine out as the weather only turned cold enough the past two weeks.
    You eat at such flash places! Love the champagne and oyster action, the snaps of your boys, the art gallery touring and wedding round up. I liked Kitty Spencer's outfit the most, but saw one newspaper critic had said she looked like she was wearing an upholstered sofa?! So mean! I guess you really can't please everyone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Royal weddings, Royal Babies and the Queen's 100% gorgeous coats and hats....so cheering. Did feel a bit sad that MM's mother did seem to be alone. Scarf weather may arrive in WA soon.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought she did look alone, and wondered if there was not a partner/friend/aunt/cousin to whom she was close? Or maybe MM isn't close to anyone except her mum? Her outfit was perfect x

      Delete
  7. You haven't mentioned what you thought of MMs dress? Personally, i loved it. She looked gorgeous.
    Ps: your kid is an amazing drawer. My 9 year old still pretty much just scribbles x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it and thought it was very her- the veil was beautiful. I thought she looked great x

      Delete
    2. As a seamstress I was underwhelmed by the fit of the bodice & sleeves - until I watched her walk down the isle. Then I fell in love too xoxo. Woke up at 4am to see every second. Dvr'd the entire 4 hours and have already watched again! Can't get enough, sad it's over. So thrilled to have an American princess!

      Delete
  8. Loved it all. The Queen looked fabulous in those colours. She is amazing with the bold colours the wears. Have loved seeing her and David Attenb. strolling through the gardens together, such perfect diction! Loved MM’s mum - so dignified. Harry looked so in love and her dress so elegant. Music was beautiful - the cellist! Ahh it was all lovely! That boy of yours is an amazing artist - such detail. Stay warm xx Tonkath

    ReplyDelete
  9. Full credit to Fergie, she looked fantastic, great dress, and no need to call the fashion police

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love big weddings too...though as a guest but missed everything with this one. If time permitted, I'd have loved taking it all in FF style. I like and respect Harry and hardly know a thing about MM nor ever heard her voice but she does look lovely and kind in addition to beautiful.

    I wish them a long happy marraige with, hopefully, several children...if it's their wish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, I thought her dress a little too plain and he dressed as Hamlet about to kill Claudius.

    What did your crowd think?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How freezing was Sydney? Chelsea flower show tomorrow for me. Wedding was so entertaining!! Miss Joan Rivers and Diana on days like that xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flying visit back to my 'hood! Were you celebrating? A fuss being made, you say? We went to the Archibald yesterday, too. I liked the winner this year, which was a nice change.

    I choked up when I saw MM and her mum in the Rolls heading off to the chapel - she looked so pretty and the tiara was divine. The gospel choir had the best hair, though!

    Master FF look like he has enviable lips. Cute in his little specs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We made a whole day of it. My daughter and I got up early for the wedding and then we watched the Harry and Meghan movie. I think the world was aching for some beauty and happiness. Loved the guest's dresses. So pretty. A lot of eye candy for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the dress, Harry seems to have matured into such a sweet guy, the queen rocks.
    As you are wearing scarves, we are switching from scarves to necklaces, so much more comfortable in warm weather.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Everything.