Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Australian Dollar and Other Good Things

Memo to the Australian Dollar:
Can I just say Well Done You? You've almost reached parity with the Greenback. Hooray! Internet shoppers and overseas travellers the nation over thank you!
Meanwhile Mr FF's got himself some new specs. They're Oliver Peoples. He looks dead set clever in them too. (edited to add Mr FF just revealed that the frames were $500 and the lenses were $500!!! $1000 for specs! Talk about 'spensive).
Tonight the Universe told me to whip up an eggplant parmigiana for the 3rd night in a row. I do what I'm told. First assemble you baked eggplant on your tomato sauce or passata.
then cover in a bit more tomato sauce
then whip up your bechamel. Melt your butter.
add your flour
whisk in your milk and cheese
add some nutmeg and you're right to go
I burnt my bechamel a bit, but it'll still taste nice
I roasted some veges for a warm salad arrangement too.
Meanwhile today I wore this olde Victoria's Secret frock thingamy to the Coalface. I do luff it.
and I've noticed Mr FF carrying this Mulberry Piccadilly bag thing . He's got files and stuff in it. He swears he's had it for years. How could I have missed it? Might steal it for self.
This was me yesterday
My sister made the mistake of leaving this necklace here. I've become very attached to its faux Prada Glittery Goodness. ZZ gave me the grey frock. It's Target! Luff it too. Polish is OPI Big Apple Red.

Mr FF matched his tie to my frock. Just like the Old days really. It's Armani. In case you're wondering.
the weather demanded chicken soup.
Isn't the rescue of the Chilean Miners amazing? I loved that phoenix rising machine. Watching it on tv was very emotional. Thank you again to our Chilean commentor, Linda in Chile for her message describing everything.
Meanwhile I'm curious about the Blog's Demographic. K's reading and she's 72!
How old are you?

84 comments:

  1. Ooh I do love that Victoria's Secret dress. Very sexy french maid :P

    Yes, wait til he's gone then whip that bag fast, it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear FF
    Mr FF is certainly very stylish.
    Thanks for the eggplant parma recipe, I shall make one on the weekend.
    As for your dresses - very nice.
    And I am 28. Almost 29. Which is almost 30. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear FF, love love love the black with cream lace frock, divine! Also the statement necklace your sister left. I am sure it is a crime against fashion for Mr FF to have such a lovely bag just for boring work files; it needs to be handed over to you so it can have FF handbag essentials in it like perfume and lippy; Mr FF, what's wrong with a plastic bag for your files?? Can almost see your face in one of pics - exciting!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that parmagiana looks good enough to eat! We had 'Burt -Ritos' tonight as hubby is away and we are painting the town red! I chucked out all my old blunt kitchen knives and replaced them with brand spanking newbies today... in an effort to really start enjoying what you call 'soothing and repetitive' tasks. Hope it helps.... it was really quite magical, the first sharp cut into a tomato... I see how you are hooked on chopping. Maybe it was all about the blunt knives? Oh and what a snappy dresser Mr FF is too. Right time to put the kidlets to bed... and me too. Yep partying hard. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that necklace too. And I just turned the big Three Ooooow!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 26 and i love your blog!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ms FF, What a great world to wake up to today! Mind you, I hope everyone in Copiapo is tiptoeing around all those exhausted people from the San Jose mine who should all be sleeping in. I think I am going to celebrate by taking some of those shiny clever Aussie dollars that Mr LiC brings home and hitting Expensive Street. Didn't all the ladies waiting for their miners yesterday look fabulous? A beauty salon on Copiapo did makeovers for all of them. I imagine that they are all finalising their honey-do lists for when their sweethearts come home! I luff your Coalface outfits 11/10 - you always make me feel I should lift my game. Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Target dress, very cute! Love that you said 'Dead Set' in your post, Love the way the Australian dollar is at the moment... I think I'm just loved up right now. I'm 26 and LOVE reading your blog!!

    :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ms FF, Please tell that gorgeous Ms Carly not to sigh at her 28 years, a veritable whippersnapper, in the presence of a 45 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 25... but only for another 3 days =) Thank you for your wonderful blog. It brightens my day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Retro Jet Girl-the bag will be MINE

    Carly- 28 is v. young!!!

    Blighty-Mr FF loves a high end designer product but I'll have to steal it when he's lookign away...

    A-M-new knives are key!

    Ingrid, Theresa and Janette-thanks! (you are all so youthful)

    Hazel that is v. sweet Thanks.

    Linda in Chile- 28 is young and 45 is too! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tix- thanks, am glad your day gets brightened by a visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear FF,
    Loving the Target frock, a couple of my favourite shirt dresses ( that I get compliments on ) are from Target and I love telling the commenter where it's from !! Bargain!
    I am 36 and keep forgetting how old I am ,,, really, I had to think 36/37?? which one, I forget....Does anyone else do this , or am I getting early dementia?
    Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. FF, the bag most definitely needs to be yours!! Such great descriptions from Linda in Chile about the rescue of the miners - so moving... Wonderful dresses but then again you always wear wonderful dresses or perhaps its HOW you wear them.....x

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband makes a killer egg-plant lasagna and it's similar to what you showed here only involves minced meat, a lot of grated parmigiano regiano and one layer of lasagna pastry at the bottom and one on top. Egg-plant gives it real edge ;-) Oh and my husband is THE cook in my house. My super skills are reserved for cakes and the like.
    Loving the dress ZZ gave you and the necklace - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Margie,is your daughter our youngest reader???? I always forget I'm 38 and think I'm 37.

    Semi Expat- wasn't Linda's description amazing?? and so moving. So generous of her to share. Thankyou about the frocks!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Milena, that sounds delicious. I love eggplant in lasagne. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. 42. Ms FF, do u know the Revlon nail polish colour "Kiss Me Coral"? It's a pretty orangey pink and I have bought it today to wear to work tomorrow to brighten our bleak Melbourne views and to get me thru the day preparing for a yucchy trial which begins on Monday! Cheers Melbourne Sybilla x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear S, no, but I'd like to-sounds wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi FF,
    Were you looking at shoes in Myer yesterday? I thought I saw you there...I scurried away quickly as i was looking a fright. You looked v glam.
    I am the big 3-0.
    I too am deeply touched by the miners....spesh when that miner's little son was waiting and crying for him to come out of the cage.
    Cheerio
    SarahMac

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nearly 40......but for now definitely 39!!! Thanks for your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. When I was 36/37 I was getting the years mixed around. I'm now 39. My 7 yr old daughter loves your posts where you show some glitz. She's in bed now but will check out your Faux Prada before school tomorrow. She channelled you for her Book Week Parade this year - totally glammed it up.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maybe the "universe directed" your sister"to leave that fabulous necklace. It looks amazing on you along with your frock.

    I love your blog, glad you're not going to discontinue it. By the way, I'm 47.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 28 over here! But when people ask I always answer "26 oh no! I mean...28"

    I notice some ladies here say "unfortunately I'm soon XX..." Unfortunately?? Have they thought about the alternative? There's nothing unfortunate with adding a year to your life! I wish my mother had added at least 40 years to hers.

    Stina

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am 28 and a half, but still don't feel like a grown up. I think I look young compared to the Pilbara Faced people around here, but old compared to people from Japan or other climes with gentler sun.

    I am thrilled by the AUD thing, although disappointed that nothing I want to buy is actually any cheaper. We could really do something if the AUD climbed against the Pound or similar. Well done re: eggplant based parma, much better than the meaty version.

    ReplyDelete
  26. FF, you are just too cute for words! Love Mr. FF's tie and bag. Steal the bag for yourself. I luff Mulberry and just bought a darling cross body bag on Ebay. We don't see much of it in the states. Shame as it's fab stuff. The eggplant parm looks amazing. They bread and fry the eggplant here in the states. I avoid. Love your version. Will definitely try it. And I turn the ripe old age of 59 next week. OMG! Did I really just admit it??

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi FF. Love Mr FF's bag..its sister, the Bayswater, was one of my first classic handbag investments. I keep forgetting my age too. I do know i am not 40, yet.
    I love the Target dress too. Does it have pockets?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear FF
    killer post(FF 2009 possibly 2008 or earlier)
    Love Mr FF glasses but does he wear them at all times or does he lose them like Mr B?
    Miss b daughter is 19 and follower!
    I'm 52
    KateB x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous coalface outfit, lurvve the neck attire well borrowed. Am so happy about Chileans miners, have watched nothing but and read Linda's info with glee. I did wonder about their makeup and hair - what fantastic attention to detail for brand Chile!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i absolutely LOVE your big apple red OPI nailpolish. it has inspired me to make my nails pretty.

    im 22 and i adore your blog! im still figuring out how to follow though, im not very good with these things!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was so hard to not get emotional watching the miners reach daylight today. I admit I did shed a tear.

    I'm a mere *cough* 33 but in my mind I am still 23! Pity the body doesn't think so :)

    And I do have to confess that one of my 2 least favourite foods in the world is eggplant. I think it stems back to my childhood when my parents would practically force feed it to me. I wasn't allowed to leave the table until it was all finished and I used to gag my way through it. Yes, I'm scarred for life and fyi, the other food they used to force feed me was tripe - ugggghhhh... But I am partial to a bit of bechamel.

    BuBbles
    x.

    PS. I've just painted my nails with Chanel 481 Fantastic and I really can't see the price being worth the polish.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear FF

    I'm 22; a rather young "whippersnapper" (FF, 2009) by any measure.

    Definitely steal Mr FF's bag. My Mr Maus was given a Mulberry wallet by some relatives of his and had no idea it was a luxury item. Sillys.

    Your eye/s is gorgeous by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That bag is fabulous. I have a new black Mulberry Bayswater and I take it everywhere - it's wonderfully practical and useful while still being tres chic.

    I am older than I look - but I am 34... A good moisturiser is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm 23. I want to be FF when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love that Target dress!
    I'm 24 and love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey - congrats to the Aussie dollar! But wait, that does make a visit to our Australian daughter and new baby expected in January out of the question. Happily with their pockets stuffed full of gold, they will be visiting us instead.

    Love the Victoria Secrets frock - you've really changed my life with frocks and nail polish. After far too long in trousers and unadorned fingernails, I'm now addicted to both. My latest find is Chanel Rouge Fatal polish.

    And despite having three children over thirty, I'm still only 39 - been that for ages -it's a great age and I recommend it to anyone. (Although my birth certificate mentions 1944 as my birthdate - government bureaucracy - what can you do?)

    Loving ( luffing?) you blog as always.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great post and your outfits are sublime!!!! Iris.

    ReplyDelete
  38. hi ff,

    i'm either 120 or 53 i get my weight and age mixed up all the time.

    i love you in that dress, you look gorgeous and i'm making the eggplant parm b/c i can make a vegan bechamel.

    tell mr ff i'm glad you guys are matching again, i'll sleep better knowing that. it was starting to bother me.

    ~janet

    i'm going back to bed now.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I say highjack the Mulberry bag...asap.
    That bag is far too fancy for files.

    Mr. FF's specks look very nice...I hope that glasses in your country do not mean a major purchase...our prices are scandalous.

    I am happy that the Aussie dollar has risen, does this mean that your days of not shopping are about to change?

    And as you ask...I am 55 going on 56...

    ReplyDelete
  40. 21 and I'm so happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hmm, think I'm the old lady of the bunch at 63. FF, you are the age of my oldest daughter. Absolutely look forward to every post and enjoy all the comments as well. Even tho there is a considerable age difference, I can still appreciate (and applaude) your take on chipped nail polish, clutter (work of the devil), cooking, gardening and family. Keep writing! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  42. You look like a beautiful mannequin in your pics, what's your skin secret? Please let it be uber expensive injections of sheep embryo cells in a Swiss clinic!

    Oh Oliver Peoples are my favourite specs brand.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm 51 and I luff your blog 11/10. Yours is the first blog I followed... because you asked so nicely. I also luff the comments, though I don't often leave you one myself. I think you've built a great community here.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Isn't it nice when you can "borrow" stuff from your family? Especially when it's a lovely necklace and such a cool bag!

    I'm 44 till April :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear FF,
    I am 62, an old Adelaide girl, living in Canada.
    Your blog is such fun, with much charm and grace, that appeals regardless of reader age.
    And I luff your "lingo", 'tho it makes me a bit homesick.

    Keep up the good work, young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm not your oldest reader but am pretty close. I'm 61, will be 62 next month. Most of my friends in Real Life are in their 30's. I just seem to have more in common with younger women than I do with women my own age.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm not your oldest reader but am pretty close. I'm 61, will be 62 next month. Most of my friends in Real Life are in their 30's. I just seem to have more in common with younger women than I do with women my own age.

    ReplyDelete
  48. "Luff" your blog! I found you thru my other blog fav - Absolutely Beautiful Things - and I now read you daily over my lunch break.
    I'm single, 47, nearly 48 (ouch)- and live in Delaware, USA. I find the entire flip flop of Australia vs USA so interesting - especially celebrating Christmas in the summer!
    I look forward to your blog every day - don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi FF- just to prove you do appeal to all ages- I'm 63 going on 64; but feel like only 45! I own a fashion boutique, catering to ages from 35+, so have to keep myself "on trend" as they say!
    Just love your blog,as it seems to inspire people( me included) on to bigger and better things,and I'm so relieved you sem to be over your mid-blog crisis.xx

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm thinking that you and your husbamd must be a handsome couple. I'm 52.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I think Mr FF should have a blog of his own! He is clearly Fashion Forward, and when I think about him ironing....
    On the subject of age - I am 54 and it is a pretty good age to be.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love reading your blog...I think apart from your 72 year old reader I am the oldest at 64 years but then age is only a number.....In my heart I feel much younger.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Dear FF, I too got quite emotional about the miners, and I loved the comment from Linda yesterday - more tears!
    I really think you should steal Mr FF's lovely attaché thingy - very classic & charming.
    Together you two are quite the elegant couple!
    As a avid FF reader, I'm 29 years - can I stay here forever? I'm having worrying thoughts about 30 next year! Any suggestions? I'm hoping that I can stay as graceful as your leader Jacki as I get on in years....

    x Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi FF, love your blog, so lush.

    Here's a tip for you and all so help keep the dreaded clutter at bay:

    If you don’t need the Yellow Pages or White Pages delivered to your door each year, you can now opt out.
    It’s easy, just let Sensis know here: https://www.directoryselect.com.au/ds/

    And no – they do not advertise this fact very well at all!

    Maxy

    ReplyDelete
  55. You make bechamel look so easy! How fantastic is the various ages reading your blog! I'm 27 in 28 days.

    ReplyDelete
  56. FF, I love all your cooking, I agree butter is the key!!!
    Im 29 in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm 22 and your blog is my favourite thing to read on the internet.

    - Bluejay xox

    ReplyDelete
  58. That Mulberry bag is to die for - I do like its unisex style.

    I am 40 but strangely still feel 20 - shame I don't look that way.

    Nice to see your eye - I think it is the first time we have glimpsed it.

    FF - I went to Cross Town Eating House last night - it was great and the service was fantastic - I love the vibrancy of the Woollongabba precinct now. Had to share as I know you like to dine out.

    India

    ReplyDelete
  59. I cant believe he was hoarding the Mulberry, I would be stealing that in a second.

    Although my partner constantly gets annoyed with me stealing his clothes, especially scarves.

    I am 28 myself, looking at the other comments I guess somewhere in the middle ground

    ReplyDelete
  60. gorgeous grey dress, and the necklace is perfect with it. Definitely snag Mr. FF's bag, it is just waiting to join your fabulous ensembles. So glad you aren't giving up on blogging--I'm 35 in Miami and I LOVE your blog, its so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  61. You are so beautiful FF and I have no doubt Mr FF is very handsome. I adore men who wear specks...very sexy. I turned 28 this year but my Mr thinks I sometimes act like I'm 12 lol

    Take care
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  62. 45. now let's move on...
    how can you keep being so fabulous?! i seriously love that necklace and your cooking chat. it warms my heart. unfortunately it also makes me hungry, which is not good considering i just had a delicious dinner. maybe now i will have a bite of chocolate; that will suffice.
    super-cool specs that mr. ff has got there. very similar to my ray-ban specs.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  63. I am 36. Is it just me or are you wearing your hair straighter these days? I love your red lips and red nails. Your eye(s) is much bigger and prettier than I imagined. I am in love with your Target dress. Is it just plain Target or a by Stella design?

    Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  64. FF.
    2 questions.
    1. Did Mr FF's glasses come from Optiko?
    2. Serious question, I've been knowingly overcushioning (adapted from FF 2010) my bed for a month now. What do you do with all the cushions when you actaully sleep in the bed?
    love
    Louise
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  65. 42...when did that happen!?! Love your blog FF (F for Fierce!) and look Tabitha from Bourbon and Pearls left a hello, love her blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  66. All looks fabulous but especially love the VS dress and that gorgeous ring!

    I'm 25 (everyone thinks I'm older though...)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Hello FF,

    My mummy reads your blog and she is 32. I am 8 years old nerly 9. She told me that you wanted to know how old people were so now I get to go on the computer for a little bit. I just play mushie monsters and read some of mummys blogs. I love your christmas tree. It is pretty. Mummy said we can put ours up soon.

    I like your cooking to.

    LB
    __

    FF,
    Little LB loves looking and reading all my blogs. Her eyes lit up like Christmas morning when I showed her your 2010 Christmas tree. She has her own blog too, but we keep that private. Dont want to be encouraging any nasties.
    Digella

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love the target dress. Your friend Zsa Zsa is a doll.

    I am 24, nearly 25. When I turned 20 I thought the sky was falling in. But now I don't think I mind. I think I have improved. I think I know myself better..

    ReplyDelete
  69. Oh dear, I have a small Brisbane-based blog.

    After reading your past posts, I'm not following yours any more. I fear that my reputation will be besmirched irreparably by the possibility of being included in that alleged class of tawdry blogs who are blatantly following yours!

    ReplyDelete
  70. oops, I know how to spell actually!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Dear Ms FF,
    If you direct your universe to help me out and tell me what to cook in the evenings, I'll tell you my age!
    PS I don't really like egg plant, but it still managed to look pretty delicious. x

    ReplyDelete
  72. Im 28 and absolutely "luff" your blog. I read it daily. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Oh dear luff your blog 11/10 it is a highlight and stress buster
    Even though I'm just into 60's
    Hope I can hide...

    ReplyDelete
  74. 53, will be 54 in March. OPI Big Apple Red is one of my favorite colors of all time. Tomorrow's mani is going to be OPI Got the Blues for Red, which is a nice dark red for autumn.

    I can't get over that frock is Target! Why do I never find those fabulous pieces when I visit? (Perhaps because I'm always there with le petit, who wants to go look at DVD's...)

    The necklace is a showstopper. And my mouth is watering over your eggplant parmesan.

    ReplyDelete
  75. No wonder you've made the eggplant dish three nights in a row, it looks delish! You look like a million dollars, and Mr FF very handsome. Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hi FF

    I've been following your blog since the beginning, and have dedicated a post to you "I thought I should resurrect this blog" in my own blog at http://jocelynsantosa.wordpress.com and introduced a couple of FF-isms into the vernacular. Thought you'd like to know that on a trip to Honkers this year we visited Wasabisabi, Watermark and Maxim's on your recommendation. My friend Ada and I would post FB pictures and write "our friend Fiona recommended this to us" (it's not as strange as saying Faux Fuchsia...). Disappointed I haven't been to Wagu or Isola yet though, they look terrific. All the best. J xx

    ReplyDelete
  77. Good to see Mr FF back in the pink. Myself, I am in Two Plums Up by OPI this week. Ta Ta For Now.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Did not see your age question until now. I'm 47.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Thankyou everyone for your interesting comments and your ages. The demographic of this blog is so fascinating!

    Mr FF's specs are from Optiko.

    Maitai, if you are 47, I say Bring It On!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Jocelyn I am so pleased you enjoyed our Hong Kong recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  81. LOUISE-

    Optiko for Mr FF's specs and I remove all cushions before actioning SLEEP.

    I place them on a chair.

    Mr FF, if left to his own devices THROWS them on the floor. Then I ask "did you throw those cushions?" to which he always LIES and says "No. I placed them gently on the floor."

    ReplyDelete
  82. Dear FF, what a gorgeous necklace! I didn't used to like egg plant but I do now and your recipe looks delicious as always xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Everything.