
The photo reminds me a bit of this photo of me below with Nephew FF. He has superior hair too. 'Cept his is blonde.
Meanwhile on my weekends I always do exactly the same things. Which is just how I like it. I meet my girlfriends at Eurovida for brunch.
I get a pedi with my friend M. I always take my own polish so I can sort out any mid week chips. This is OPI Miami Beet.
I action miscellaneous ironing.
I find the results uber soothing
I read my books and I read the papers
I flick through decorating and food and fashion magazines (I finally got a subscription to American Vogue! I'll save $130 a year! Thanks Kate B for the link)
I go to the movies. I saw Eat Pray Love yesterday. Good scenery and food but slightly boring story. I haven't read the book, so I can't compare. I give it 2.5/5 stars.
I potter about the FF garden and action various garden admin


this pale pink geranium is going to be beautiful when it opens fully
and look at the weird fruit that my monstera deliciosa plant's producing:

I eat avocado on toast for sustenance
I clock couch time and watch tv
I vacuum
Then I action hours of pruning.
(Maitai puts hers up just before Christmas Eve!!! 2 and 1/2 months after me!)
I do truckloads of washing which I shove in my tumble dryer
and I also action baking and do my nails but I don't have photos of that so you'll have to use your imagination.
Meanwhile, someone astutely noticed that my hair is a whole lot straighter these days. It's because I've been abusing it with heat and wielding my GHD with alarming frequency. I think we all know this is going to end in tears with split ends and loads'o'damage...
Hi,
ReplyDeletewhen I looked at the picture of your plant I immediately thought penis. 'tis phallic.
That breakfast looks alarmingly healthy, I'm impressed. This morning R made me baked beans, ratio of beans to lardons of bacon was 1:1 (I think we can improve this) with sauteed field mushrooms and prosciutto on toast. Was nice.
enjoy your Sunday evening. I'm doing my french homework.
XX
That is a lovely scarf FF.
ReplyDeleteOne way to treat split ends and put some love back into your hair after heat abuse is to use pure coconut oil as a hair treatment once a week (at least) - it also helps the hair to grow :-)
Sophie. I hear you re the the weird fruit montera deliciosa thing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip e! I'll have to get some coconut oil.
Love the fact that you do the same thing each Saturday and meet for breakfast with your friends. It's comforting. Or, as you would say - even, soothing. Your Rita Konig book is one of my very favourites too. Hope you spent an equal amount reading and tv watching in relation to the time you spent 'actioning' things aswell! Am now off to make the recipe you put on your previous post - have told everyone I am following one of your recipes on my post this evening! A good week to you. x
ReplyDeleteDear FF
ReplyDeleteI am at peace. You are still blogging.
All week while I've been sailing the high seas up Nth Qld I wondered if I would return to...no new entries on this here blog.
Have you rediscovered your mojo?
My washing machine is churning with the first of many loads of salty dirty stuff and my house resembles a bomb explosion.
Let me tell you, sailing crucifies one's 'do'. Mine will be in recovery mode all week.
Would you believe we spied no less than 4 politicians in Cairns. Whats going on, I'm starved of current affairs?
xx
Hi Semi Expat Sarah, I hope the eggplant works out!
ReplyDeleteThanks Emily!
Anne Marie, you've not missed a thing- it's been all about the Chilian miner rescue! I love doing washing when I get home..xxxxxx
Your weekend activity pics radiate such a happy and beautiful atmosphere. Love you Missoni scarf and you look 11/10 as always. I thought you'd find it amusing that my tree goes up so late. It's the way I grew up, and I love the magic of the tree appearing bang on Christmas. Also, because of the heating, the needles go from lush and beautiful to dry and brittle in a very short time.
ReplyDeleteVintage FF, love it! I am amazed how you fit so much into your weekends. I long for a time when I will achieve so much in such a short space of time.
ReplyDeleteIn exciting news, I just found out that the salon I go to for my mani-pedis uses OPI polish. I would never have noticed the brand if not for you.
Thank you for educating me in your ways!
M
xoxo
Great cityscape. The actioning is a marvel and the tree is magnificent! xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous scarf, flora, food, holiday tree, toes, gardening and domestic implements and hair. It doesn't get any better than this. A-M xx
ReplyDeleteComing out of lurker-town to say Hello FF and tell you, I think your weekend looks pretty damn awesome in all these photos.
ReplyDeleteMy husband said he wishes our Christmas was as pretty as yours. Looks like I have a new decorating challenge! :-)
Maitai thankyou! I do hope to have a real tree when I have a northern hemisphere Christmas.
ReplyDeleteM-excellent re OPI polish! I luff it
Hi Make do Kate-city looks clean because it's rained so much
Hi AM- I am sad the w/e is almost at a close aren't you?
Jade- good luck with your tree.xx
I have to agree on Eat Pray Love - I went with a friend who actualy slept through the entire section on India - I told her she didn't miss too much. I hope I don't offend anyone but I absolutely hated the book - I couldn't even finish it.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday
India
P.S Love the Missoni scarf - I love Missoni everything. When I go to Bangalow I go to the most expensive chemist shop in the world and sniff the Aesop products and drool over the $900 Missoni beach towels.
Avocado on toast with pepper and salt is excellent sustenance. Your garden is looking very good as a result. x
ReplyDeleteThe hair does look lovely, FF. but heat will kill it. I know from experience and it takes forever to grow out. Your sofa is beautifully pillowed! I am just getting a new one on Tues. and can't wait to hunt for pillow jewelry for it. Your city looks gorgeous. I am very much wanting to visit Australia after enjoying so many Aussie blogs. I love the Aussie sense of humor the way you live. Fun seems to be high on the Aussie priority list. It's all good!
ReplyDeleteEat Pray Love. One of my FB friends is sad she can't get back those three hours of her life.
ReplyDeleteRe Eat Pray Love I had tried to read the book but never made it past the 1st bit where she moves to Italy. Maybe if you'd read the book the movie would be better. The scenery is nice and so is the food in Italy.
ReplyDeleteDont do the GHD! It's horrid.
ReplyDeleteIt will kill your hair.
Especially if you bleach.
I usually put my xmas tree up in the first weekend of Dec but I might do it earlier this year if D is away.
I was thinking of calling mine a holiday tree this year because im not religious. Makes sense I think. I will probably forget about it though.
I've had a real xmas tree every year of my life but this year suggested to D a plastic one to minimise cleaning and he was disgusted.
I guess I will be cleaning pine needles for the next 6 months.
My old neighbours put their tree up the day before xmas. I think its their czech tradition. well thats what i thought.
they open presents on the night of the 24th after dinner.
i used to always get 2 days of presents growing up because of this. i loved it!
Hi FF - I can't work out how to create a profile hence the Anonymous post ... yes I am technically challenged. I just want to let you know you make me proud to be a girl from Brisbane. You, AM and Madam Restora are the best ... oh and Blighty although she is not from our parts I am sure we'd all happily adopt her.
ReplyDeleteits lovely living vicariously through other people's weekends - mine currently consistent of sitting indoor surrounded by piles of textbooks and journal articles, staring at my laptop screen, willing myself to "just finish that essay already" .. its dreadful!
ReplyDeletei love a visit to mount cootha.. nice to have a sunny weekend compared to the last!
do you use moroccan oil for your hair, FF? my mother swears by the stuff!
Good Morning! I recently found your blog via Janet at the Gardener's Cottage and I knew immediately why she loves you so! I've had a fabulous time reading through all your posts - thank you for your sweet comments that you have left me. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say...your style, your hair, your nails and your days all are divine! Not to mention the way you write - I told Janet that sometimes your stories are much better aloud.
Have a wonderful weekend ~
Sarah
FF - Good hair all around is an admirable goal. Thanks to Mr. FF and Nephew for holding up the side. It can be helpful to hair to have weekends be hair-actions-free zones. Meaning, on the weekend ponytails and dirty hair are your friends. But that might be so antithetical to the FF religion as to cause severe cognitive dissonance.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I cover your gardening gloves. If you designed and marketed a pair of FF gloves, especially if they said The Universe Directed Me To Prune So I Did, I'd buy a six pack of those suckers....
Pottering, papers and pedis - I love ritual weekends.
ReplyDeleteOh the avocado on toast has just answered my what to eat yelp from my stomach.
Hi FF, this is my first comment! I wanted to comment because this weekend I saw Debo (Duchess of Devonshire) at the Cheltenham Literary festival talking about her book- Let me tell you, at 90 years old, she is fabulous! I saw her 2 years ago as well, and she was just as brilliant. Your weekends look great. X
ReplyDeleteWow that garden plant is positively phallic and very odd...reminds me of our indigenous skunk cabbage!
ReplyDeleteI would love for my weekends to be more like yours especially brunch with friends and a weekly pedicure...such a uxe treat!
I need some inspiration and a kick in the derriere to get me to action ironing!
Have a lovely week....your city looks very large...I had no idea it was that big.
Dear FF, Mr B made a rude comment about that plant and I am glad to see commenter Sophie got there first. Mr B also troubled about your tumble drier being upside down but concluded that's because you are in Australia. or possibly that in Southern Hemisphere cylinder stays still and outside goes round. You can tell he is a man of considerable intellect. Bxx
ReplyDeleteI'm amazed at how much you get into your weekends...gardening, cooking, ironing, vacuming, pedicuring, brunching, movie-ing, reading and blogging.
ReplyDeleteIf I did half of those things in a weekend I would consider myself to be very accomplished.
I love the beautiful pictures of your city. It looks like downtown LA shot from a distance, but without the smog.
Ahhh, a classic FF post-great stuff!Thats what we like to hear about,and even a sighting of Mr FF and the vacuum cleaner- love it!
ReplyDeleteMay I ask where you got the lovely sandals-such a fantastic colour,
Hope your week is as productive as your weekend obviously was.
Dear FF, wow! Your tree looks amazing. I absolutely love Christmas. I'm waiting to be paid so I can start buying presents online.
ReplyDeleteI am envious of your ironing skills. I don't iron and have never even owned an iron or an ironing board! I have learnt to hang things very well or I put them in the dry cleaners.
Mr FF certainly does have a magnificent head of hair. You do too xx
FF, your hair looks fantastic. I should hope that it will find supernatural strength to avoid the horror of split ends and breakage.
ReplyDeleteDear FF
ReplyDeleteI have a gardening question - sounds silly but how exactly do I protect my tomato seedlings that I got over excited and planted last weekend instead of waiting for melb cup day?
Love
Sheri
P/s love your missoni
Cotton Socks- I know you are right about the ghd!!! It is the devils work with bleach. I say put your Holiday tre up in November! You know you want to!!
ReplyDeleteDear Anon,Thankyou for saying you are proud of our Brisbane bloggers. A-M is wonderful- I've met her and saw her gorgeous home in the flesh. I've not met Madame but I know she lives in the suburb next to mine!
Mimi, I went to boarding school near Mt Cootha so the view reminds me of the view from our dormitories. I do use moroccon oil! I luff it. Good luck with study x
Sarah-from-yellow-house thankyou so much for your comment. Janet told me that you enjoyed my blog during a spate of hate comments telling me I was ugly, had ugly hands and wasn't funny (Ha!) so it cheered me no end! Janet is the best and has been one of my loyalest readers- she understood nothing I said for months! Too funny,x
ReplyDeleteLPC my friend Justine gave me the pink gardening gloves (my friends know my taste!) and I treasure them. Am well suited to a pink garden glove collection which I could flog on late night tv...
Tabitha, avo toast rocks
ReplyDeleteMiss Katie P thank you for commenting and you are SO LUCKY TO SEE DEBO IN THE FLESH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jealous.
Hostess my city is huge. The other day I got a comment saying "there'd be hardly any bloggers there"-wrong! We have 1000s. Infrastructure has not kept up with our growth as a city- trains and buses are bursting to capacity, house prices are insane, you get the picture...
ReplyDeleteBlights- the plant is phallic- I knew people would mention it. I almost died of shock when I clocked it in the garden. The dryer is upside down because it is on the wall hanging from brackets- if it were right way up I couldn't reach the controls!
Belle, now that I think of it it's a bit like LA minus the glamour and pollution.
ReplyDeleteBodie my plastic thongs (that you'd call flip flops) are from 9 west in Hong Kong and were a gift from my sister. She gave them to me last year when I was in Honkers. I luff them. She has the same style in black and white.
Christina, I consider dry cleaning the devils work! It ruins clothes and is prohibitively 'spensive (well in Australia at least). I have to be in the mood to iron...
Kat, I fear for my hair- bleach + heat = destruction!
Ruby- from possums? You need a cage to keep the varmints away or a net. From cold? move seedlings into garage over night. Planted straight to a garden bed? Pray x
What a great week-end! Your garden is very gorgeous, it has a wild feel about it and looks to be very productive and rewarding.
ReplyDeleteI've only read about 4 Brisbane blogs. I haven't found any more.
ReplyDeleteOh there are hundreds more than 4. I'll post a list.
ReplyDeleteThanks 63 shells! x
hi ff,
ReplyDeletelots of comments on this post which is exciting b/c there is so much to say.
love you in pink, it's your best color i think, don't you?
Maintaining our Hair is what serarates us from the animals is now my fav ff quote. thanks for making my day.
i hated the movie eat, pray, love. i could not stand looking at her lips. it made me crazy. thankfully i was actioning my sneaking in for that one...
i love your healthy lunch, i think it is adding to your daily glow. the avocado on toast is a fav of mine. is it possible you are getting more beautiful? i think you are.
glad you and sarah have found one another. she is one of my all time fav cyberfriends.
i know i'm leaving something out but i'm sleepy and can't remember.
~janet
Hi FF,
ReplyDeleteI too have bleached hair and use the GHD and moroccon oil but I think my hair is saved only because I use silk pillow slips for sleeping. It truly helps, since I have been using them my do lasts longer AND an added bonus I don't even get that "I just got out of bed face" that stays all day in your 40s. My hairdresser has been amazed at the condition of my hair and has even been telling other bleach blonde clients to do the same. You should try it too. It really was a great weekend here, so good to see blue skies and sunshine. Cheers, Robyn
I am a long time FF fan, but virgin commenter! Here I go...would you mind posting the link for the US Vogue subscription saving? To use your vernacular it would make me very happy if the bible wasn't so 'spensive!
ReplyDeleteI love that you love washing when you get home. Your blog comments are very soothing to me because now I know I am normal. (Hope you had a great trip anne-marie.) PS: Osso Bucco in the slow cooker last night. I think I should have added lemon zest.
ReplyDeleteDon't be concerned for your hair, FF. I GHD mine almost daily and it is silky and lustrous and strong with NO split ends. It is all about how you care for your hair in the styling process.
ReplyDeleteI am a BIG fan of Coppola's Keratin Complex smoothnig range which includes a leave in keratin rebinder which is especially fabulous when you heat style.
Love your blog, as always, your weekend goings-on always entertain.
Am with you on the E-P-L thing - the book bored me and I fell asleep in the movie. I have been imploring people ever since NOT to waste thier money.
I spent some time in the garden over the weekend too - it was very rewarding.
Have a great week!
I bow at your divine-ness!
ReplyDeleteAnd Mr. FF's hair- me thinks McDreamy hair!
xxjoan
So which of those books was worth your time this Sunday? A tad more pink of a stack than my current The Historian :)
ReplyDeleteI'm assuming 'Ruby' was aimed at me lol. Not from possums, from the cold and frost!
ReplyDeleteLove the scarf FF!
ReplyDeleteLuff that OPI colour. I just received a shipment from Trans Design and must say I am a little disappointed in a couple of the colours I chose. Oh well, Rubylicious will enjoy wearing them on her toes under her school shoes.
ReplyDeleteOh and I have a few friends that were also boarders at your school. But they are younger so you prolly wouldn't know them...
ReplyDeleteIroning is the first thing I learned how to when I was little (courtesy of my dear grandma, who is superior in all domestic duties, plus a great seamstress, cook and 80 and still rocking it after overcoming a hip fracture this summer) I just put on a movie, preferably Agatha Christie's Poirot (I'm a sucker for mystery stories;) or Midsummer Murders, and iron away. And I do find it immensely soothing!
ReplyDeleteLoving the scarf, the colours suit you perfectly.
Milena that is the nicest story.
ReplyDeleteSheri- forgive me-I meant YOU!!!
Jo I might know them, but am OLD
Love this post FF! xo
ReplyDelete