Monday, March 28, 2011

Flowers. French Fashion. Vale Liz.

One of the lovely things about having a baby is that you literally get showered with flowers. These hyacinths are pretty special aren't they? They came out of a beautiful bouquet from my Fellow Coalminers (Thank you!). Phoebe Stephens actioned them. She never gets it wrong. It seems fitting that they're resting on my Liz Love Affair with Jewellery book. Poor Liz. Edited to Add all stamens and pollen were removed from the lillies by me because I know they are dangerous for babies, plus I hate the stains, but thank you for the people who emailed me to warn me- the photos were taken a while back now. x


Must get cracking with my thank you notes.
On the advice of my friend T, I assembled a Fancy Pants Special Outfit for the baby to Come Home in. I like a bit of French Fashion Action and he's a Joiner so he does too. The gorgeous sailor suit arrangement direct from Paris was a gift from M and I love it! The socks and wrap are French too. They're from my sisters.


and Amber's been tripping the Light Fantastic in Paris at the Collections sourcing clobber for Jean Brown AND the baby- she picked up this adorable French getup for him in my 2nd favourite colour ORANGE. Hooray.
Don't tell anyone but I like to dress him up in cute outfits during the day. He's pretty compliant. So far.
This was the view from my hospital room on my last night. Can I just say I loved my hospital stay 11/10? The room was lovely, I had my own bathroom, the food was good (we got such superior choices!), there was a bed for Mr FF to stay over, the nurses, doctors and staff were so nice, anyone who was with me for meals got one too.... If they'd told me I could've stayed another week I would've been thrilled. I was actually sad to leave. I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would be in a hurry to get home.
But just in case the food wasn't any good, my friends bought me lots of treats. Like this lemon tart. 11/10.
And I have been gorging myself on Maggie Beer pate. Gee I missed this.
Yesterday was a big day for us- the baby met his Grandma and the Hungarian to the Stars. Love at First Sight All Round.
There are so many Liz documentaries on at the moment. She really lived life to the full.
I'd forgotten she experimented with blonde.
That Face. Unbelievable.
and Rachel Zoe's copied me and had herself a baby boy too! Hers is called Skyler. Mine is not.
Haven't got tired of staring at him yet.

I was worried that the hospital had no night nursery and made everyone "room in" with their baby, but I shouldn't have been. I liked him right next to me in his mobile perspex cot thing so I could see him at any given moment.



Such a good night for tv what with Australian Story, 4 corners and Q and A.

xxxxxx

47 comments:

  1. You seem lovely and content and relaxed FF which is wonderful. I love dressing up my babies too, online shopping for them is very satisfying and comes with no guilt attached unlike shopping for ourselves. I gorged on sushi and Brie after my pregnancies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is looking gorgeous - so very cute.
    A word of warning though FF! Those flowers in the second photo with the red pods on the end - take them off with a tissue and don't take baby near them. Florists aren't supposed to put them in bouquets for babies as they are quite dangerous to the air ways and eyes of babies. Hospitals are also supposed to warn you off these, and I was when my daughter was born and we got bunches of those flowers. Sad really, they are pretty.

    I am so glad that when my daughter was born she was allowed to stay with me all night long in the perspex cot too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me want to have a baby! Gorgeous flowers and adorable baby clothes. Not to mention the thoughtfulness of your friends bringing lemon tart, yum. Could you share which hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to put Farmboy in the night nursery and then go and get him back half an hour later because I missed him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the little French onsies.

    I love Maggie Beer Pate, it took a literal boulder to get Hamish to try it but now that he has he likes it too, for a supermarket brand it's alright!

    So glad the nurses were lovely to you, what a beautiful view from your room. Our plastics wards used to be on another ward and had the most AMAZING view of Melbourne, alas it's all changed and I no longer work in plastics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These blog posts will be such a lovely record for you of your little baby.

    I loved eating the after my babies were born - it was the only time I could eat as much as I liked and still lose weight! Different story now though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness me, your flowers must have made your room look like a florist - so stunning!!
    Your hospital sounds very unlike any hospital I have ever known :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations K!
    Gorgeous flowers, without a doubt Phoebe Stephens is 'the best florist.'
    Love the french fashion action and I'm sure Baby FF looks fantastic in it.
    Glad to hear all is going well, such an exciting time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby FF is so stylish. French fashion and he is only a few days old. Good to set the right tone right from the start.
    Your hospital view and food sounds much better than mine was. It makes be have not so fond memories of gigantic disposable very scary undies that I was encouraged to wear post Caesar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!
    I am not yet a practicing blogger, but have been reading your lovely blog, and feel very happy for you!

    The As-Yet Anonymous from Tel-Aviv, Israel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations FF and Mr FF on the safe arrival of a beautiful (not to mention fashion forward) little boy. Enjoy every moment of these amazing first days. I also missed hospital in many ways, especially with my first- I have such fond memories. No doubt Master FF's superior locks will soon be brushed by a blue Mason Pearson brush? You inspired me to order a pink one for my almost 3 yo. Enjoy!
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Skylar? Rachel Zoe must be, what we call in the business, a WDB (Well Dressed Bogan).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED my hospital stay too! In fact only today did I unpack my cosmetics case - a job I think I was putting off because it was a reminder of what felt like a wonderful life changing holiday in hospital that's now long gone (I had my baby boy 5 weeks ago). I have so much respect for midwives and in fact all the staff at the Mater hospital where I had my baby. I also would have stayed a week longer... or maybe even more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stayed at the Mater Mother's Private. It's all new and flash. The room was excellent, the food was excellent and the staff were so caring. I used to love breakfast where they'd bring a lovely hot cooked meal in for me and Mr FF before he went to court....we miss it there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved my hospital but I was sharing a room with 4 other women and their babies so I was desperate to get home. Also the food was hideous but I must say the care was excellent and it was still a very happy time. Big question did you get a birthing present from Mr FF ?
    I have a love hate relationship with Q & A sometimes the guests make me feel too cranky.
    India

    ReplyDelete
  16. No present from Mr FF yet...Altho after seeing the perfection of the baby he said I deserved one...here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  17. India, how'd you get any sleep with 3 other people in the room? That would be really challenging, esp with all the nurses coming in and out and visitors etc. I was worried the food'd be bad and lots of visitors brought me food but I actually liked it all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I went to MMP recently and loved every minute as well! All the staff are just wonderful aren't they. Very special place! How was your car trip home? I really felt like stopping all the traffic so we could avoid all the crazy drivers with our precious cargo on board! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooooo cute!
    And the lemon tart looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your precious boy. He has superior hands.

    I'm watching 'Hoarding: Buried Alive'. Talk about the devil's work.

    TDM x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey FF
    I didn't get any sleep so I took the early check out and had a midwife come and visit. I was lucky to have two very good sleepers so I napped and caught up at home.
    Fingers crossed on the present - it does help if the labour was long and difficult - but then again I think I only got dried flowers for baby number 1 ( they got left behind at the hospital) and a dryer for baby number 2 - so romantic !
    Sounds like it is all going well for you - have you had the dip in hormones sad day yet - fingers crossed that has passed you by.
    India

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear FF I hope you had a glass of something chilled and with bubbles to accompany old Maggie's pate. You must get Baby boy into eating pate from an early age as its so good for them. L lived on it till she was 7 when the stupid baby sitter told her what it was made of and not a morsel has passed her lips since.
    I loved the outfit you took baby home in. You must keep it forever to show him when he gets older as it really is quite an occasion.
    Rachel and Rodger are as besotted with their baby boy as much as you are if their twitter feeds are anything to go by. Life really is wonderful when a beloved baby arrives!
    Hope you are getting some much needed to sleep.
    Love
    Kate Bx

    ReplyDelete
  23. The whole experience sounds wonderful.
    I was going to day that I can't believe you're still blogging but you are FF and you are a doer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear FF, I have all my three boys coming home outfits together in a special place. My big boy turned 16 last week.x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a splendid going home outfit - with your genes and Mr FFs I'm sure he'll always be sharply turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The outfits are adorable! Baby FF will probably be compliant about wardrobe until about the age of 2, then all Hell Breaks Loose. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You sound so full of happiness and joy.

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute as a button. Also stylish. I wanted to suggest, humbly, that you might show us his face. To you he is uniquely himself, but to us, at this stage, he's probably going to look pretty much like a baby. Albeit a cute and stylish one:). Yes, I will write a post on caring for a newborn. But let me say right now, at this age, one cannot spoil them. The only sort of training that makes any sense is letting him know the difference between day and night. Otherwise? He is the king. Albeit a cute one:).

    ReplyDelete
  29. He is so precious! I'm glad that your birth experience and hospital stay were superior. It helps to be able to come home with the baby and not be exhausted or stressed.
    I'm pushing hard for grandchildren but the de Ville progeny are ignoring me. I envy your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am normally a lurker... but I wanted to say what a brilliant blog you have (I am a homesick Australasian which is why I love reading you so much) and a HUGE Congratulations on your GORGEOUS baby. He is absolutely sweet. Well done!! (Another SarahB)

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi ff,

    i loved staying in the hospital too.

    you sound blissfully happy and that makes me so happy. baby and gma look wonderful together. i bet your mom is in love.

    talk to you soon.

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am back online and I missed the big event...congratulations!!
    Baby FF is adorable and you sound very happy!
    Sending you hugs...
    Hostess
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  33. dear FF,
    thank you for sharing this beautiful impressions with your "hungry for FF and ff news followers".
    Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor was was the most beautiful woman on earth (what did God think when he created her :!?)
    Apropos "most beautiful": is your blog !!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. FF, congrats again on such a little stylish man! So glad you've been showered with love & floral arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  35. All those flowers are divine! I Absolutely love those pink roses, the scent at your place must be heaven. Love the french fashion too. There is nothing more special is there than cuddling your newborn baby, taking in their newness and sharing them with the people you love. It's just unbelievable how very fast this time goes though. My girls are now 22 & 21, I have loved being a mother through every single age & stage but there is just the most precious, tender moments spent with a newborn that you cherish always. Enjoy. Cheers, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dear Ms FF, I am loving all the baby news. You do sound happy. What a joy Baby FF is for all your family! I am thinking about Elizabeth Taylor too. I saw an interview of her and Mike Todd where they seemed so happy. One part of me wonders whether she would have been happy with him all her life if he had lived as Elizabeth said that he was one of the two great loves in her life. And the other remembers the Bolter from 'The Pursuit of Love' who said 'But dulling...One always thinks that. Every, every time.' Lindaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. all this talk of babies is having a strange influence on me... im too young to be getting clucky!

    love that baby FF is in the finest french fashion! would expect nothing less! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations! another miracle! Have enjoyed your posts secretly for while (my nail polish leaves much to be desired) Bought a 'By Marlene Birger' at your recommendation and am hooked! I have little boy too (OK, he's nearly 9 but he's still my baby)Love the boy love thing! SOOOO special!! xxoo KL

    ReplyDelete
  39. Dear KL the Malene Book is the best. I'm not even wearing polish these days. Too busy attending to baby tasks. x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love that you are loving your little bundle FF.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for sharing this special time in your lives. It is allowing me to dwell in my memories of the wonderful,somewhat surreal first days and weeks of my now 5yo son. It is such a beautiful bubble in which to exist for awhile. You seem to be adapting beautifully which is no doubt due to your capacity to multi-task and survive on little sleep! I had some excellent advice early which was to not let my bub sleep longer than 3 hrs in a stretch in the daytime, helped establish diurnal rhythms and milk supply too. For me the killer was sleep deprivation so when he slept through at 6 weeks-hallelujah!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  42. K, Really looking forward to a very brief chat, will ring soon.
    Things sound s happy as they could possibly be, so happy for you.
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am living through you vicariously enjoying new motherhood again with all its attendant excitement and bliss. Keep those baby outfits coming! You can't have too many baby outfits, not if they;re cute and stripey! love to you and your family, xoxoxoxo SW

    ReplyDelete
  44. There was something about waking in the middle of the night to nurse my son and watching late night TV; so decadent. To spend my days in an altered state of love for my little bundle and the realization that I was his entire world. Your post brings back these lovely memories! thank you!!!
    You have such fantastic friends, BTW, they do love you, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow Faux Fuschia what lovely gifts and flowers you have received for your lovely DS!

    Re Liz Taylor I must tell you that I read today that her jewels are to be auctioned - most likely for charity - by Christies(New York I'd expect). It will be worth keeping a look out for the auction catalogue in due course, and if the jewels go on pre-auction exhibit it will be worth going to see that!

    Take care, SA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Greetings from Los angeles! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I
    get home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even
    using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, very good site!

    Also visit my web page :: nike duffel bag target

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Everything.