Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick's Day

Happy St Patrick's Day. I didn't wear green but I saw enough of it in the FF Garden. How perfect is my rose? And look at all my bromeliads coming into flower-
They give so much and ask for so little. You really can't kill them with a blowtorch.



I finally think I've finished getting the house in baby-ready order.
It hit me today that soon I'll have a Baby on this change table. I know. I'm shocked too. These 9 months have flown by with the speed of light.
My sister's channeling an SP bookmaker and started a book about the baby's weight eyes and hair. I say 2.95 kilos (6 pounds 8 ounces in the old money) blonde curls and blue eyes.


last night my girlfriends came over and we had some soothing and comforting rhubarb fool for pudding. This'd make a good Royal Wedding dessert.
Toasted almond flakes are the Bomb.
Today a lovely person who I met through the blog came to visit and bought treats, like this fantastic fuchsia fever polish
and this wonderful book:
My friend F sent me this image today of Rachel Zoe- still in heels at 9 months pregnant.
and this is my current reading matter-
Dying to read about the Queen Mum, lots of my girlfriends have read and loved the 5 languages book and I want to see what Gina has to say (she polarises the masses-people either swear by her routine or swear at her routine). I've been flicking through this Tatler which has the Bride on the cover:
There was a photo of beautiful Monica Belluci inside with her baby (The New Black). She had the baby at 46. That's right 46. She's married to the thin French choreographer from Wild Swan.
The Bride's fiance is in NZ about to head over to our neck of the woods.
I've been awake since 3am but fortuitously Maggie Beer and Simon whatsy were on telly then. Don't you love their show? I have missed Maggie's pate- it's one of the 1st "banned" things I want to eat post baby.
I also googled Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty (you know the one with the Magic Melon extract that allegedly erases wrinkles)- Get this- Old Cinders admits to botox and fillers!!! So it's not just the Meaningful Beauty stuff. I knew it!
On a sad note I can hardly bear to watch the terrible stories coming out of Japan. It is truly Apocalyptic and Distressing. Heavy snow, freezing conditions, threats of nuclear radiation-it's like something out of a horror movie. On my blog list there's a Blog called BHB . Belle reminded me that a percentage of sales from her 2 online sites will be donated to the relief effort. Go and have a look.
I'm off to rustle up some potatoes Dauphinoise.

36 comments:

  1. Today would of been perfect for your green frock!
    Is it Tibi?
    Love that dress on you.

    I dont know the kgs system but I am going to guess 7 pounds 2o
    and I think it will have Mr FFs hair.

    I finally have got over toothing drama to run into a nasty virus with fierce vomiting and doctor suspects stomach ulcer.
    too dehydrated to get blood.
    have to go back when better for more needle jabbing.
    YAY.

    Keep checking your blog waiting for the arrival!
    Cannot Wait.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5 love languages book reminds me of the episode of real housewives when Vicki started crying because Don doesn't 'fill up her love tank' haha I think she carries on about the 5 love languages too.
    If baby FF has blonde curls he will need a sailor suit to match when he is a toddler.

    The impending disaster in Japan is really starting to worry me. I keep on googling Chernobyl. Which makes it even worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible that you are so sick- get weel soon little R xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Monica Belluci photograph is just exquisite... As is the beautiful rhubarb fool! I would like a velvet coat in that shade of deep pink.

    Back before pate was a Banned Food, my mother said she ate an absolute truckload when pregnant with me - she was vegetarian, and for some reason it was the only 'meat' she could stomach. Apparently all pregnant women were encouraged to gorge on it, being high in iron.

    I did eat a fair amount of the Maggie Beer stuff. I didn't touch the deli stuff in the big tubs or slices, but my midwife told me the risk from the little tubs of Maggie's pate were minimal - much lower than the risk of, for example, eating salad when out.

    Of course, you have to do what you feel comfortable with!!! But I did eat a fair amount of pate...! (oh and the vitamin A thing - you would have to eat a really obscene amount to come close to toxic levels of it, it's more actual plain cooked liver that holds a theoretical risk).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pate...so tasty and delicious. I ate it up until I discovered I was pregnant. Can't wait to eat lots and lots of it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6lb8oz? Is that wishful thinking?

    I thought my babies were going to be little things too but at 7lb14oz and 8lb6oz they were really just average.

    Best of luck FF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! Maybe it is wishful thinking..Mr FF and I were tiny babies and I haven't put on much weight so I don't think he'll be huge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah, I love the white nursery furniture. Master FF will 'luff it 11/10'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DDear FF
    Glad you are well :)
    I am excited as tomorrow I am going to Sydney to speak at a bloggers conference and also meeting Sydney Shop Girl and Luscious Llama! YAY!!
    Can't believe how time has flown for you - your little one is going to be so gorgeous.
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stupid iPhone
    So dependent since hard drive broke

    Anyhoo you'll cope with Baby FF weight
    It will sort itself out
    Trust
    Kate b x

    ReplyDelete
  11. 5 languages is a must. i forced B to read it and he liked it too. and agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FF are you watching Hoarders on channel 99?
    Eeekkkkk!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. my guess: darkblue eyes that will turn lighter over the first weeks, almost no hair (will grow later, strong and full) and 3,4 kg.
    If Mr FF's genes are stronger, than I guess dark short hair, lots and lots of drf short hair and blue eyes that might turn brown or green later. And 3,6 kg.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let's see. I think you will have a 7lb 12 oz baby if you make it to your due date. And he will have a little bit of dark brown hair and lovely blue eyes. But I could be wrong! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok put me down for 8 lbs and 6 oz. You have no weight to lose, you're all bump. I used to work for the doctor that Cindy developed Meaningful Beauty with - well for a week or so, he hired me to write his book then changed his mind about writing one. I cried for weeks, that magic melon extract could have been mine all mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!

    I am a long time reader of your blog but first time commenter. best of luck with your impending birth! May I suggest as further reading matter "The Baby Whisperer" Tracey Hogg...she has sadly passed away but reading her book and watching her tele show (maybe she is on Youtube?) saved my sanity years ago with my 6 month old never sleeping baby. She favours a firm but loving approach.

    Again, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well when he arrives (those teddies are such a givaway!) I reckon he'll be 7lb 2 ozs in old money!

    Also I have no address to send my present too. Appreciate you don't want to broadcast it but would you email me at kate.battrick@gmail.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Ms FF, The entire LiC family this morning put in individual bets but the iPhone went bung and I can't remember them all. However mine is blue eyes, brown hair and 3.2kg. We have just killed some plants in the plantbox outside our window so I am off to see whether we are more dangerous to bromeliads than a blowtorch. The chap on Zen Habits says that his cure for insomnia is to lie in bed in the dark and think through every detail of everything you did that day from the moment you wake up, get up, look at yourself in the mirror etc. The trick is not to leave anything out. Hoping you do better in the sleeping tonight. love Lindaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to see you before the bubba arrives!! Why am I always too busy?! I need to change that somehow...
    xoxo
    LOL
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute little stuffies are waiting for baby FF on that change table...what a sweet welcome.

    The image of Monica Belluci is amazing...and at 46 , never mind that she is a new mother...WOW!

    I have no guess on baby FF's weight but good for you for not gaining too much...you'll probably be fortunate enough to get back into skinny jeans within a couple of months.

    Do wish that sleep would not elude you.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear FF
    St Patrick's Day greetings to you from the Emerald Isle. The birth day must be very close,heaps of luck. Bxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi FF
    One excellent thing about your insomnia is that you'll be far more prepared for the four hourly wake up calls from your new gorgeous one! Having said that I have heard that SOME babies sleep thru...not mine! Tried Cindy's meaningful melon stuff a coupla years ago and turn me into Cindy C it did not...oh well, back to the drawing board x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to see that Baby FF will never knowingly be under soft-toy-ed (sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are the busiest pregnant woman on earth! Please tell me you go to bed right after dinner or something because I am starting to be concerned about your night owl routine! Talk about an early riser! Maybe this is your way of getting ready for future baby-related sleep disruption.

    Good for old Cindy for coming clean. I don't like it when famous people lie about things like that when they're peddling skin care products.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hah, Rachael might be wearing heels at 9 months, but did you notice shes grimly hanging on to her fella? I'm sure she couldn't manage alone.
    I wanted to wish you all the best for the fast approaching birth, I hope you have a fast, safe delivery.
    That little boy is going to come home to a world of love and care, and you'll be a great Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You must just be beside yourself with anticipation and excitement!

    PS. any chance of sharing the rhubarb fool recipe? It's one of my favourite desserts :)

    xx
    SP

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear FF. Every time there is silence on the baby front, I get all excited and gooey inside thinking you may be a tad busy, and I don't mean busy cleaning or decluttering lol. My sister has six children, all girls, so she is also very excited about junior FF arriving. Our very non scientific method estimates a 6Ib 14oz, 47cm long, dark haired, blue eyed bundle of joy. All the very best.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  28. no baby yet just hanging with my girlfriends x

    ReplyDelete
  29. With a single blog post this diverse & so much variety, you'll handle motherhood effortlessly with all it tosses your way.
    Remember mother's instinct, listen to your baby (not a book) & baby massage is the best thing ever!! Knocks all their kinks & their skin is so yummy & the oils keep your hands soft too.
    Why is everyone aiming for an under average weight baby?? You know first borns are notoriously late!! Every day it's another 30gm/ 1oz. 50cm is average length too, aim positively for another leggy blonde in your midst.
    As for Japan, super sad, some parents from school have gone to help (Japanese speaking military types) & selfishly glad when my husband was asked he said he couldn't speak Japanese, so we get to keep our action man radioactive free. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've discovered your blog recently and find it hilariously funny. But I'd like you to blog more often and I won't accept a small, demanding infant as any kind of an excuse for a slacking off!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so very excited for you, and I know you will love the Five Languages.

    I don't wear those heels and I am not pregnant!!

    The Rubarb recipe sounds divine!

    Come and enter to win my Springtime Gift for Bath & Body.

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm getting more and more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I didn't wear green for St Patrick's Day either - but that's more because, for me, its the anniversary of the day I got engaged! :D
    The baby's change table looks so sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. so close! how are you feeling?!

    I have the same Tatler magazine, although here they are so marked up in price it's ridiculous. I couldn't pass up on some Kate Middleton reading though - what are peoples opinion of her in Australia?

    all the best wishes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Someone (wish I could remember who) once said that all babies look like Winston Churchill. I think of that every time I see a little bub - and it's mostly true !

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Everything.