Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Martha and Missoni.

If you're bored senseless by my Missoni Knitwear Obsession just click away right this second. You've been warned.
That red YSL clutch arrangement was the 1st thing I ever bought from Jean Brown....I hate to introduce a sad note, but we are all missing Amber round these here parts. She and my sister have been Tripping the Light Fantastic in Honkers. I wish I could click my heels and be there too. Anyway. Don't lose sleep wondering what lippie this is. Mac's Russian Red.

I luff that red elephant brooch 11/10. The baby gave it to me. He's genetically programmed to love shopping for accessories.












I hemmed the curtains. Look:


And sorted out the Undercushioning on this chair


And then, suddenly, out of nowhere, the Universe Spoke to Me, directed me to Channel Martha (minus the stint in Camp Cupcake for share trading fraud) and told me to paint these wooden curtain rings in my dinng room blue. I know. I was as shocked as you are.


I did as I was told


Which resulted in this arrangement:



And then I got busy with my iron on hemming tape and my glue gun and finalised these curtains.


The ceilings are low so I decided against the puddling/puddings effect.


But I can see that the whole puddling shebang would work a treat with a ceiling as high as this-


Are you making pea and ham soup? Me too.




xxxx

24 comments:

  1. Never mind the Missoni, where's that fabulous red and white striped knot affair top from? Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whirling dervish is back! I baked caraway seed rolls and I'm fighting flying ants - I'm losing.

    Baby FF has wonderful taste in presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the things i really love about you is that you don't mess around. you get right on things instead of sitting around thinking about them. everything you've done looks fabo. it looks like your figure is back completly too. you look great.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sense an empire on the make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking very chic in that nautical inspired top!

    I think it might be the first time that you have shown us red lips...you always look so good in pink and now you look amazing in red!

    I must add that your complexion is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Missoni madness, and your elephant brooch is so cute - what a clever boy!

    Great work with the curtains - they look excellent and the perfect backdrop to your cushion drama. Never thought to paint the curtain rings, but why not? They look wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how I love this blog! I have missed it, being away on hols. You're always so creative and busy!

    Love the new curtain look!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post. Missoni makes everything look so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Call me weird, but I just love your lips! They look like doll lips. Can we swap? I also love you in those red flats. You are very, very pretty.

    Tracy (married and far away in Perth; don't fret).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making lots of pea and ham soup, and lamb neck and barley soup.... mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phew so glad the undercushioning was addressed.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear FF,
    I love that you are wearing my DVF gift to you in the depths of winter. You are such a clevr puttertogetherer!
    In breaking news the British Press is specualting that ole Rupert will be sending Rebekah Brook to the Colonies. I hope its not here! What else does ole Rupert own beside News Corp? Any TV stations?
    Kate Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing excites me more than Martha and Missoni, is that sad?!

    Love the curtains, I am dying to revamp my living room and I think changing the curtains would be a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear FF,
    Do you have a good recipe for pea and ham soup? I usually ad-lib it but last time it was only vaguely edible (and that only according to the dog). I would appreciate your guidance on such a Martha matter!
    Plus - agree with above posters - LOVE the top. Fabulous.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear FF,
    Do you have a good recipe for pea and ham soup? I usually ad-lib it but last time it was only vaguely edible (and that only according to the dog). I would appreciate your guidance on such a Martha matter!
    Plus - agree with above posters - LOVE the top. Fabulous.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You never sit still :-) love the curtains and the rings too - very clever and the colours are gorgeous and very 'zingy'! Great Missoni knit and also your beautiful blue Missoni cardi arrangement from yesterday's post.X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just to say hi and that i'm still reading your every post, it is only that i have been too busy with all kinds of husband/child/vacation/work related issues - isn't everyone? - to be able to comment regularly.
    You look great as always and the baby FF's get ups are super stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you'll be very happy with your drapes. They should last well, i like the blue accent too, very clever. They look fabulous and will be hard to tire of. Are they dark jeans you are wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi FF,

    I have to tell you that I just discovered "uppiesbeads59" on Youtube and I immediately thought of you. She's 51 and seems to be Italian American and she looks FANTASTIC!! I also like Lisalisad1 but for some reason I imagine that the former would appeal to you more than the latter : -)

    I know you are only 39 (I'm 37), but I also know you love a well put-together mature woman. Her personality may be a bit abrasive at times...but forget about that..only in my opinion is she a tad abrasive, of course...but forget that...just LOOK at this woman.

    If you've already watched her, no worries....just thought I'd let you know.

    Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi FF,

    I have to tell you that I just discovered "uppiesbeads59" on Youtube and I immediately thought of you. She's 51 and seems to be Italian American and she looks FANTASTIC!! I also like Lisalisad1 but for some reason I imagine that the former would appeal to you more than the latter : -)

    I know you are only 39 (I'm 37), but I also know you love a well put-together mature woman. Her personality may be a bit abrasive at times...but forget about that..only in my opinion is she a tad abrasive, of course...but forget that...just LOOK at this woman.

    If you've already watched her, no worries....just thought I'd let you know.

    Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun post! I love your curtains and the extra punch of color with the rings...excellent! I saw some stationary today that made me think of you http://www.crane.com/ProductDisplay?PID=pc3124c38

    It should be your calling card...
    xxBliss

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blog...A Missoni fiend just like me!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  23. im tempted to fly to america just so i can shop the missoni for target stuff. ive fallen for an amazing skirt and about 843274987329 other things. sigh


    Come visit and enter my $300 Diesel voucher giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Everything.