Look at these stunning white iceberg roses that the FF Garden's rustled up for me.
Hooray for floribundas.
And nice work with the pink icebergs too FF Garden. It's incredible what you are capable of actioning in Old Testament Weather Conditions.
Counting the seconds til Downton? Better come and sit next to me. Luff the way Emma Fellowes aways wears a turban. So chic. And such good pins. She's married to Julian who writes the whole shebang.
In case you were wondering.
Speaking of turbans, Old Sophia looks good in them too. Look:
Statement neckware is Key. Plus it draws the eye away from a Collapsing Face. Deadset Handy.
If you only plant 1 red rose, I say make it a Mr Lincoln. These petals are from my very own Mr Lincoln. It blooms prolifically, it's petals are like velvet, it's the perfect shade and smells just as a rose should. Like musk lollies. Run Don't Walk.
Went to a Kindy Mum Drinks Soiree
Wore sequins and carried a big YSL clutch sourced back in the day from Jean Brown.
Thinking about Easter? Me too.
I really wanted to buy an Oscar de La Renta frock form the outnet, but $900 is a Bridge Too Far.
Pity. Because they are all very attractive. In a kind of Mad Men way.
Mr FF whipped up a killer 11/10 ricotta lasagne.
This morning I threw on this silk top
and these Casta-whatsy wedges (or "Vedges" as Zsa Zsa would say)
and hot footed it to that Chow place outside the cinema in James St to meet my beautiful friend and mentor KB. She looked beautiful.
I don't tell her enough but she really gives me the best advice and is a fantastically generous friend.
She once told me I was a gift in her life, but really, she's a gift in mine.
Went to a sweet birthday party this afternoon with excellent food and drinks. The kids loved seeing all the snakes and lizards and other reptiles. Spookily every child seemed to have exactly the same shade of hair. The one standing's mine.
Finished this book.
Feel vaguely disappointed.
Enjoyed it but wanted a longer book with more stories photos and details
Didn't post last week because I wasn't in the zone and didn't feel like it, plus I had what can only be described as a nasty accident which involved a fall, concrete, blood, pain and suffering.
But my teeth weren't smashed and I didn't break any bones so I'm thankful for Small Mercies.
Happy Sunday Night. Where ever you are.
xxxxxxxx















Oh no another fall? Maybe need to take a leaf out of SJPs book and say no more heels. Actually I think she said no more cheap shoes which is all well and good for her. Hope you are healed soon x
ReplyDeleteOh no! You have been in the wars lately. Take care!
ReplyDeleteThose flowers are beautiful! I love roses, but think I am too close to the ocean-poor me...
You have lovely friends-they are so special!
Hey, just arrived on your blog to see the post changing in front of my very eyes ! Now don't tell me I'm not the first commentor... although I haven't even read your post yet ! Lots of love from a very grey Paris ; hope the weather will improve before you come to Europe !xoxo
ReplyDeleteNot even the first, duh, disgusted, the traffic on your blog is just in-cre-di-ble ! Anyway, I'm so sorry about that fall and happy it wasn't too bad. Still, this could be the Universe warning you to slow down .. Take care !xx
DeleteDear FF, missed you last week and I was on the verge of calling my internet provider to ensure that I had no connectivity issues. Sorry to hear about your fall. Given what I know about your joie de vivre (via this blog alone), I'm sure you'll be able to laugh about it sooner rather than later. Lurrve Zsa Zsa's take on vedges. Hoping that this week is better for us both than last - fingers & toes.
ReplyDeleteLove the flowers. So sorry to hear about the fall. Hope it wasn't too nasty! Did miss you and kept checking in, hoping you were OK, or even better, enjoying yourself on some brilliant travels. A fall is just too horrid.
ReplyDeleteEveryone should have a mentor. And I think it is our duty to help the other whipper snappers who come after, or even those who come alongside us.
I've been wondering where you've been! Glad you're back in the zone and have recovered from what sounds like quite the nasty fall x
ReplyDeleteGlad you're okay, FF!
ReplyDeleteTake care
SSG xxx
The FF garden is coming up trumps. That sounds like a nasty fall - glad you didn't suffer any lasting damage. I hope Mr FF's lasagne soothed you.
ReplyDeleteI thought something was up when you hadn't posted - so sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you are on the mend now.
ReplyDeleteLoving all the garden photos, so nice to see some colour and all that lush vegetation! Here it's started snowing again...so fed up with it in March! Now I just want it to be spring.
I agree that great friends can't be beaten. Am hoping to meet up with a good friend today and have a good catch up.
Love your statement necklaces (but am sure that your face isn't collapsing!!). And that reminds me: I was looking at the Victoria and Albert museum shop online recently and came across a lot of bee-inspired jewellery that they have:
http://www.vandashop.com/s?defaultSearchTextValue=Search&searchKeywords=bee&Action=submit&searchSize=24&searchNodeID=1960008031. Not sure of the quality in real life though...
Am off to paint my toenails with Cherries in the Snow - very apt since we have cherry blossom and snow here!! Hope I can still reach them around my bump, otherwise might have to ask Mr M. to help out.
Have a lovely week,
Melusine x
Love that YSL clutch, FF. Your accessories never fail to impress. Wonder where I can snap one up for myself?
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that you had a fall, but as you say at least teeth in tact.
ReplyDeleteLaughing about all the children with the same hair colour. Some years ago, sitting in a staff meeting, when one person suddenly squarked 'you all have blue eyes, it's a recessive gene,you are all aliens.' What could we do but get the probe out?
Enjoy Downton and wishing you a much more upright week.
Good lord I'm sorry you had another spill! Those little party guests are the cutest thing since, um, sliced bread? Anyway they are cute!!
ReplyDeleteFalling and smashing my teeth is one of my worst nightmares so I am Very Happy that didn't happen to you. Hope this is a better week for you!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness you're okay FF, hope you didn't snap a heel as well! Always love your thriving garden snaps, actually did a bit of weeding today myself, and picked some roses. The Papa Meilland is another gorgeous red rose with similar qualities to Mr. Lincoln. Hope this is a better week for you, take care xx
ReplyDeleteI simply don't believe you have a collapsing face. The necklaces are lovely though regardless. The children's party looks lovely - what are you going to do for the big Number 2 celebrations in your house? Sorry to hear about the fall, it sounds grim. I bought the dress, second one down in the oscar pics, navy with flowers. Fingers crossed it fits.... haven't had a lot of success with that lately! Have a good week xx
ReplyDeleteDude! Never disappear again!
ReplyDeleteWhat she said x
DeleteSorry yo hear it has been a bad week. Missed you :( Kept checking and no FF. Was in despair that you had abandoned us! Was that another fall you had or the leftovers of the original one? l do hope it heals soon. Totally agree re Mr Lincoln - l have a couple and they are so pretty, smell delicious and even manage to survive in my garden. Amazing!!!!Thank you also for replying to me so promptly re how to put up comments here. Stay happy and hopefully pain free.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering why so quite on Instagram as well, hope you are mending aok.
ReplyDeleteI've had to take myself off to bed early to recover from tonight's episode of DA, why has Julian killed off darling Lady Sybil?!
xx
Oh no!!! You have to say "Spoiler Alert"!
DeleteOh I assumed spoiler alert was only used before a tv show has been publicly broadcast in one's own country.
DeleteIt gets worse on DA...
DeleteHow I've missed your look at life. Love and light sent your way. The roses, Mr FF's pasta and the darling boy are "the business".
ReplyDeleteI've not been in the zone either, I feel awfully quiet just now.
ReplyDeleteYour face is still quite splendid mine however sliding down onto my clavicles, i'm thinking no thanks to ageing gracefully.
I am sorry this happened to you! It sounds awful. I hope you are all better now. MrFF can certainly action a delicious looking lasagna. Your roses are gorgeous and you've convinced me: I need to plant a Mr.Lincoln.
ReplyDeleteTake care Darling FF!!
FF,
ReplyDeleteI was away all last week and only turned my computer on once. When I came home yesterday I thought something was wrong with my new laptop when I didn't see any of your posts! Glad my laptop's ok, but sorry to hear you weren't. Hope you're on the quick mend.
Your flowers are stunning. You much have 2 green thumbs.
So sorry about your fall - we all missed you! Here's to a much improved week for you.
ReplyDeleteC x
Happy you are back FF :) do miss it when you don't post, knew there was a reason...not a nice one either! I had a terrible fall a couple of years ago, hit a pavement in Bath with brutal force, uh black and blue, disgusting black eye and cut above it that is now a scar, I was in shock for days, but no broken bones and no lasting injuries. So, know how you feel but it takes time to get on your feet (excuse the pun) Happy Mothers Day from here in Blighty, luvs, SCB x
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your fall. Glad you're on the mend!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that you took a tumble that is rather disconcerting. We're high heels involved or uneven pavement? It's really good that you were not seriously injured and teeth intact.
ReplyDeleteThose pretty roses are so uplifting. Your garden is a stalwart performer.
I do hope that you mend quickly.
Take care
Stop falling down! No, in all seriousness, I'm sorry you had another spill.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to say a huge thank you for such a pretty, funny, and cheering blog. Keep it up! And I hope you feel better!
Hope you're okay. Falls can knock the wind out of you. At least you can still sequin it up which is a good sign that you're on the mend. xx
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're back and OK . Love the De La Rentas.. I do like a bright pink and navy combo.
ReplyDeleteAfter three or whatever seasons have succumbed to Downton Abbey... very sad last night
Oh dear,that's no good about the fall. Hope you are ok.
ReplyDeleteHow sad was Downton last night? Terrible. I was so sad.
x
Stay on your pins this week, Ff.... x
ReplyDeleteHi FF,
ReplyDeleteCertainly missed your posts last week, do hope you're feeling better. Your roses are wonderful, I really should give growing them in our garden a shot. Currently am reduced to buying them each week but thankful to Aldi for their $4.99 bunches.
'specially love the first of the OdLR dresses, so Mad Men, so much fabulosity. Speaking of which April 7 can't come soon enough, the hiatus has been too long!
Emma Fellowes looks very glam in her turban. My beautiful mother wanted to wear one when she got married but was talked out of it by a silly billy who clearly had no fashion sense! I'm almost finished Julian's book Snobs, have you read it? It's not bad, not as good as Downton tho.
Here's to a good week for you and us all,
Nx
Falls... I almost fell while crossing a busy intersection in the city. I didn't. I just kept trip, trip, tripping. I would have won funniest videos ...but it was scary and my heart was pounding for ages afterwards. Good to hear that no damage was done to your beautiful face.
ReplyDeleteI wish that when I was a teenager I had had a mentor. Research has shown that a mentor was one of the important markers helping women achieve success.
p.s. could we have the recipe for Ricotta Lasagne?
thank you
Missed you last week. I just KNEW something terrible had happened. Take care of yourself. Judith in Canberra
ReplyDeleteMissed your posts....was hoping you were ok. The fall sounds horrid.
ReplyDeleteDear FF,
ReplyDeleteThat's quite the loveliest and generous thing that anyone has ever said to me! I love you in my life and you are an inspiration to me and L too. Seeing a beautiful + smart woman who is not prepared to dim her lights even in the face of some haters has truly been inspirational for L.
I can completely vouch for the fact that FF's face has not collapsed and she looked gorgeous yesterday. Sadly I saw the results of her garden tumble and it was not pretty but ever the stoic FF she popped on her vedges and looked 11/10.
Kate Bx
Wondered where you were. Very glad to hear that your absence involved no breakage. Of any sort.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are back, I missed you!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're OK, FF and very sorry to hear about the blood and pain and suffering. I missed your posts too and had taken to scanning bus stops and cafes every time I drove through Paddington hoping for a sighting. That's sounds way more stalkerish than I meant to be. Take care, please.
ReplyDeleteDear FF, We have missed you but your real life must come first! I appreciate the way you share all the positive things in your life and when you don't feel like posting you don't! Friendship is so important in our lives; I love how you write about your friends and love seeing the different places you dine and drink (emphasis on drink). My girlfriend is coming into town from the Gold Coast on Friday and I can hardly wait. When our family moved into our home we planted rose bushes in our garden for our four children and ourselves; my husband picked Mr. Lincoln for himself and it did smell gorgeous. For my youngest, who like yours was born in March and will celebrate his 21st on the 26th, we selected the Grand Finale Rose! He is definitely our grand finale. Hope you convalesce quickly and in the future are fall-free, FF. XOXO BlondEgirl aka LCF
ReplyDeleteOh FF I hope all is well. Feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteThose roses are divine, I love the autumn flush of colour.
We all have weeks when we are not 'in the zone' and need a change, however we all missed your lovely colourful and cheery posts. Sorry to hear about your fall and hope you are on the mend - don't forget to rest your feet on some of those gorgeous cushions.
ReplyDeleteI am feeling so sad about Downton Abbey and Lady Sybill - could hardly see the screen through my tears, especially when Lady Mary was sitting beside Sybill's bedside talking about her baby. Absolutely luff the show and can't wait until next week. Looks like Mr. Bates will be coming back to DA.
Looking forward to Mad Men and all those lovely frocks & brooches.
Lorraine E
xx
Silly me, I was still mourning Lady Sybill when I wrote the above. Of course I meant to say that when Lady Grantham (not Mary) was sitting at the bedside talking about losing her baby.
DeleteWishing you a better week FF and no accidents this week !
Lorraine E
xx
Missed you FF. So sorry you had a fall and hope you are recovering and being spoilt by your gorgeous boys xx x
ReplyDeleteOh dear FF so sorry to hear about your fall! Hope you are on the mend :)
ReplyDeleteJudy xx
How do you manage to successfully bloom roses in BrisVegas. Please share.
ReplyDeleteThat must've been quite a fall! So scary. Glad no teeth or bones were involved.
ReplyDeleteHope you're back to your spry self soon.
Gorgeous flowers today on your blog.
xoxo, A
Your flowers are very beautiful. I would love to get some Icebergs planted in my garden too. I need more white flowers.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your fall and I hope you recover very quickly.
Hi FF, I commented before but can't seem to find it, so apologies if you get this twice!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say you were missed in the past week or so. I love reading your blog just before I get up in the morning. I enjoy the way you write and the pictures are always gorgeous.. it makes going to a job I don't like, a lot easier to bear!
Roses are divine. Looking so young and vibrant at the Drinks Soiree. Have always loved that gold cuff arrangement.
ReplyDeleteLove the YSL clutch FF!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your fall... I hope that you are recovering and looking after yourself.
K x
Sorry to hear about your tumble :( Luckily you have some pretty roses to cheer you up!
ReplyDeleteOh FF, what a bummer! It must be incredibly frustrating for you as you're such an active person. Take good care of yourself and don't underestimate how long it takes to recover from a fall - physically and psychologically. A few years ago now I slipped and fell, and in an instant I'd fractured my shoulder. It took me ages to recover but what surprised me was that it really rattled my confidence and it took a while to get that back. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteBest, BB from Melbourne X
I too love the turban. I believe Kate Moss wears one very well too. Have you heard about Princess Lilian of Sweden? She was a Welsh miner's daughter who wasn't allowed to marry the Prince of Sweden for many years. I think his name was Myrtle. She was in Vogue and a model who loved him so much. She died aged 97 but was very happy that she finally wed him and was accepted by the Swedish Royals. I thought you'd like that story xxx
ReplyDeleteHis name was Bertil, they were living together for years in Sweden before getting married I think when Carl Gustaf finally became King in the mid 70s
ReplyDeleteBertil! Not Myrtle, haha- my hearing is getting worse as I reach my late twenties... xx
DeleteMissed you FF had been hoping everything was ok. Sorry to hear about another tumble, you should insure those killer legs of yours. I think maybe the universe is a bit off kilter seems like lots of people feeling a bit out of the zone. I'm one of them.
ReplyDeleteOn a happier note, your roses are divine.
Yay!
ReplyDeleteYou are back!
I missed you and your blog!
I hope that you are well on the road to recovery now!
I love your silk top and your shoes.
And I love how your toddler stands...makes him seem a man amongst boys!
I just love all of your beautiful statement necklaces!
ReplyDeletex
www.lifestylen.blogspot.com
Dear FF, SO sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you are on the mend. Sounds terrible. Well, I do think your silk top and espadrilles are darling if it's any consolation. Take care.
ReplyDeletexx
Kim
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you are 100% again soon. Luff the roses, I bet they smell divine.
ReplyDeleteLuff the espadrilles too.
Dear Ms FF, You poor thing! While the shock of a fall is bad enough, it is the bruising which is the worst. I am glad you were able to put on a brave face and spend time with Kate. The blooms from your garden are simply delightful. I am glad that the FF garden is coming up trumps. When I think turban, I always think of Joan Collins in Dynasty. They don't make them like her anymore! Interestingly, I am fashioning one West African style for my youngest who is going as an African lady for Harmony Day. Nothing like whipping up a dress and turban with blunt scissors from a pencil case and a needle and thread! I am likely to feel a little less harmonious as a result. I hope that this week brings you only good things! love Lindaxxx
ReplyDeleteI would love to read the Vogue book but only available on Kindle in UK and my kindle is broken which is a blow.
ReplyDeleteAlso be careful re the fall. I fell on ice in December 2010, I injured my shoulder but went straight back to work and didn't get proper treatment or rest. I now have frozen shoulder which is incredibly painful. I think it all goes back to that initial fall and some silly carrying I did in October last year. Upshot is loads of pain, can't move it properly to do stuff like drying own hair, even putting on mascara is a trial as can't life my right arm at all.
What I am trying to say is if you get any aches or pains get it checked out don't just carry on like I did.