Last night the V's came over for a quick dinner. They brought me champagne. Goody.
I said yes to orange sequins and pom poms.These are difficult times. Accessorise Hard. My friend R gave me that scarf which makes me love it all the more.
The crab lasagna was a hit.
I own that stripy Asos jumper M is wearing too. Great minds think alike when it comes to discounted knit wear.
B made the most perfect dessert. Look:
M's been getting up at 3 am to finalise plans for the celebrations for her house Hanworth which turned 150 years old last week. She's worked her fingers to the bone bringing it back to life after an arsonist burnt most of it in about March last year. There's even a ball this weekend which I cannot wait for. There'll be a champagne bar, an oyster bar, a martini bar and a great big band. So excited!
Meanwhile, on a serious note I got up early to watch the UN Security Council deal with the Malaysian airline disaster. I loved Frans Timmermans addressing the council (he's like the diplomat from Central Casting with a perfect voice and demeanour), especially when he looked at Julie Bishop and said "We are in this together Julie". And it was so moving when he spoke of people's wedding bands being removed and children's passports being shown. Just all so very sad.
To quote my friend Cilla:
Love Fiercely People.
xxx


Love that you got up early to watch it, so dedicated. I can't watch the news and actioned a no phone, no social media, no news night last night and feel somewhat less depressed. Luff you 11/10
ReplyDeleteJust thinking dp you ever sleep before I read why you arose so early this morning.
ReplyDeleteOrange is cheering I agree, my orange wool scarf has barely left my neck all winter , my house is really cold .
So glad Hanworth is back on her feet , a good news story for sure..the ball sounds fantastic Im sure there will be pics.
A good news story ,, Scott Morrison is allowing a 16 yo Ethiopian boy to stay in Aust. The boy stowed aboard a ship last year when he was 15 and lives in Melbourne l
I'm thinking you wore Orange in honour of all those lovely 190+ people from the Netherlands who were lost on MH17? Well done you FF intentional or not, outfit looks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteYou look a vision in orange.
ReplyDeleteI've had to turn news off as well.
It's fantastic news about Hanworth House. I was so spiritually involved in the renovation through following the blog and it means so much for the whole community that M was so dedicated to this restoration. What an amazing woman. And a ball! I am thinking sequins? Sounds like a fantastic night is planned. A passionate person will have an amazing life - something for us all to think about xx
ReplyDeleteI am not a fan of orange, after growing up with orange laminex bench tops in 70s, however you cheer me up to no end and entertaining on a Mon night, wow! Total respect.
ReplyDeleteThat lasagne looks amazing. Is this the ball you have been walking and watching weight for? Enjoy. Walking becomes quite addictive doesn’t it?. My sister and I walked regularly and often 10 km after dinner was the norm. Once we walked 35m and then caught the train home. News is all so sad I can hardly bear to watch the news reports. Love fiercely indeed. Tonkath x
ReplyDeleteThat's very exciting that the party is this weekend!! What an amazing job to restore the house not once, but twice. Hopefully it will have an amazing 150 years ahead.
ReplyDeleteLove the orange, and remember R giving you the scarf! Your weeknight entertaining is very British I think FF - I had never thought anyone would be invited over mid week to dinner until I lived in London, where it was common (but everyone started work later there as a rule 10am for a professional office was fairly standard). xx
such troubling times around the world. makes me want to lock my gate and not leave the house. lots of orange is needed now indeed. x
ReplyDeleteI don't wear much orange but I like it. It's so cheery.
ReplyDeleteThe news has been particularly awful lately. It must be hard on Australia having lost so many of its citizens. Love fiercely is right!
xo
Crab lasagne looks 11/10, as does that dessert. Enjoy the Hanworth celebrations. x
ReplyDeleteFF you look so perfect, your house, your meals, your ideas, pictures,
ReplyDeleteIn one word everything. Your hair and mouth beautiful my only dream, I would like to have the great great pleasure to see your pretty face (for sure). Would it be possible one day?
Anais from France
You look stunning in orange. I dont know how you make the crab's lasagna but I presume you replace the meat by the crab?
ReplyDeleteYes the news are awful lastly and it's hard watching every day.
Once more I have a great pleasure following you from France
Monica
Your friend Cilla is spot on with her comment. Keep up your brilliant work FF!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to see your friend M's house back restored, hope it has been a most fabulous party! You look great in orange, and hooray to Celia's mantra xx
ReplyDeletelooking forward to post about 150 yo house.
ReplyDeletei love old houses.
its my dream to live in a victorian.
i never tire of your photos of fresh home made bread.
xx
Can't wait to see some pics of the ball. Have a wonderful weekend xx
ReplyDeleteDear Faux Fuscia,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your blog – especially the posts on Bastille Day (great outfit!) and the camellias.
I thought you may be interested in my latest post on my book blog called Read Me where I have posted my review of 10 Great Classic Books and Books That Relate To Classics (especially as you have your Fictitious Housekeeper Mrs Danvers - fabulous!):
http://www.readmeblogsite.net/2014/07/25/10-great-classic-books-and-books-relating-to-classics/
I hope you enjoy it.
Best regards,
Louise Owens
Loved this. Orange is my favorite.. You are so right. Love fiercely!! This tragedy has us all so sad and sick hearted. xo
ReplyDelete