Thursday, May 14, 2015

25 Years.

I got this beautiful card from Linda in Ethiopia (the Blog Stalwart formerly known as Linda in Chile) and her girls. They also sent my son the cutest books- he loves them- Thank you! And come and visit me again soon. I will provide Cake.
Meanwhile the other night I threw on this arrangement:
And hot footed it to the V's who were celebrating 25 years of marriage 
Said Yes to a Brooch. I read they're back in fashion but for some of us they never went  out.
Actioned some Matching. 
Because that's just how we roll around these here parts.
Look:
Everything was picture perfect
And the food was Delicious. I wish I'd got a photo of the desserts, because they were really really good.
M's dress was vintage from the 60s I think, and absolutely divine
Love seeing what Old Harry's up too. This photo is particularly sweet:
In the travel part of the blog, this is what my spiritual home Hong Kong looked like yesterday. So pretty. Wish I was there.
And my friend P is tripping the light fantastic in the South of France. This is where she had lunch the other day:
Jealous!!!
In sad news I am bereft that Mad Men has only 1 episode left. At least we won't be left with any doubt how the characters end up. I loved Betty's scarf, scarf ring, hair and suit here:
After reading Good Living Street, I pulled out Heddy and Me to re-read. I know I bought it back in 1997 because I'd written the date inside the front cover. I cannot recommend it enough.  It's a fantastic memoir about a Hungarian woman's survival in WW2 and her life in post war Sydney written by her daughter. I googled to see if she was still alive and found out that in the early noughties after the death of her husband she killed herself. By throwing herself under a train. I know. So sad. If you haven't read it run out and source a copy right now. You won't be sorry.
After the Horrors of the Met Ball it's a relief to see some nice frocks at Cannes. Thank God.
Stay Calm.
xxx

47 comments:

  1. I think I have only seen the first four seasons of Mad Men. I will get to the rest one day. Thank goodness layering weather has arrived. I couldn't be happier because it coincides with soup weather. I am enjoying the Cannes fashion too. I love wearing a brooch too. I have one of my mothers old brooches and one from my grandmother. I am always on the lookout for my next brooch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I luff the cool change!!! and a brooch. The earlier seasons of MM were in a lot of ways the better ones. Still, I will miss it x

      Delete
  2. Looking very glam in the striped outfit. Freezing down here so layering is definitely key.
    Tonkath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. freezing here too. Well for Brisbane it's cold anyway!

      Delete
  3. FF that dress you wore is amazing I luff it! What a fun party that looks like, the table setting is so pretty.
    I agree, a relief to see the nice frocks at Cannes. Why doesn't that Jake Gyllenhal shave his beard though, he'd be much more handsome.
    Our Prince Harry has enough sense not to grow a beard, what a fine young man he's turned into, love that pic of him with the little boy.
    We stopped watching MadMen ages ago but we might get caught up this summer, we keep talking about it but it's an election year and we are political junkies so the news is ruling out other television these days. xox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you should buy it, it's super cheap.

      You've got to watch the rest of Mad Men. It was no Sopranos but it is still really good!!! xx

      Delete
  4. I didn't check out the Met Ball but I've heard that indeed there were some horrors; Cannes looked nice (what with it being in France and all ...). I love brooches too but they are very seldom worn in France except by much older ladies; I wear mine anyway but feel a bit of a freak !! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love brooches. No one wears them here either, but I march to the beat of my own drum brooch wise!

      Delete
  5. p.s. That card is a stunner; don't you just wish you could wear it ? As a scarf .. or a brooch ? XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the color combination of your outfit - absolutely yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fab x
    As did Lupita. Couture game was on point (that's how the cool kids are talking)
    Stay snug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Lupita was just divine! she looked fabulous!

      Delete
  8. FF I will so miss Mad Men. Love seeing you have fun at your friends 25tth!! Brooches look so cool and enchanting to me! Do you know Julianne has not disappointed me in such a long time, her sense of style is exquisite!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your dress and brooch! So full of good vibes! Was your friend's dinner catered? I noticed the china cabinet in the background (behind the piano) is empty so it must have been an important event! Oh, btw, please remember to upload the recipe for the yogurt cake when you have time. Really looking forward to making it! Thanks, :-) Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not forgotten I will do this soon x

      Delete
    2. also yes it was catered and yes they used all of their best stuff x

      Delete
  10. Long live brooches. You wear them well. Looks like a terrific party. You take the most wonderful photographs. I was kicking myself for not buying a magazine today for a shot of colour but you've filled the void.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou I get comments all the time about the poor quality of my photos, but I don't have a fancy dslr camera or whatever and I do the best with my point and click- My Talents lying elsewhere and all. xx

      Delete
    2. I was thinking the same as Jen, your photos are always so light and bright. I think a proper camera always trumps the i-phone.. which I am using way too often

      Delete
  11. your dress was the best. To give me relief from MM I recommend the cooking with grannies show out of Canada. Sweet and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember reading "Heddy and Me" - so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty's storyline BROKE MY HEART I was a mess and had to keep reminding myself she's not real! Betty's my favorite character. I absolutely love your dress. Those grey wall stripes look familiar? Is this the house with the glorious kitchen with lots of brass hardware? Congratulations to your friends on 25 years. My parents' 35th is in September and despite their forbidding parties and dinners to celebrate, I'm doing one anyway. I regretted not having a party at 25 and then 30 so I say too damn bad. Again, adore that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations to the Vs. 25 years is impressive and not easy.:)
    Also say hi to Linda in Chile for me. Everything looks wonderfully colorful and festive. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love reading but can't read sad stories. I need to be happy at the end of the book! Looks like a fun party, love that you took the little man in his PJs. Mrs T

    ReplyDelete
  16. That card is beautiful - it deserves a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  17. M's vintage dress: yum!! Am a fan of vintage! Love your brooch - just the right amount of bling with those divine earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too am mourning the loss of Mad Men . I think it will quietly end. The Betty storyline was powerful and sad and I have come to love that strange creature over the course of the seasons. Pete Campbell stepping up - who would have thought it. India x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You average 3.2 posts per week. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful post! Please share name of restaurant/hotel your friend sent that pic froml! I simply must add it to my France itinerary for our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anne, It's the beach restaurant at the Hotel Belles Rives in St Juan les Pins, near Cap d'Antibes. It is really lovely. Very relaxed and beautiful. Back in the day, Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald used to stay there. A honeymoon in France! How wonderful!! Best wishes, Pammie

      Delete
    2. Thank you thank you thank you!! And what a wonderful historic note! Really hope we can make it there.

      Delete
    3. Sorry Anne, we've been visiting too many places with Saints' names and I've inadvertently promoted Juan les Pins, incorrectly. It's just Juan les Pins. Hope you get to Belles Rives, it really is stunning and so peaceful and relaxing down by the water. We didn't stay there, just went for lunch. Our hotel made a reservation for us. We stay at the Hotel Royal Antibes, not too far away. We like it there and the concierge, Louis Philippe, is fantastic. I love him. But it's not a romantic place, very modern, though with a nice café terrace overlooking the sea. Quite a bit cheaper to stay than Belles Rives. All the best, Pammie

      Delete
  21. FF I will never tire of the glamour and festivities you capture on this blog. In fact I have been. Inspired to throw an intimate dinner party for my husbands birthday, which is a big deal for me because the idea of hosting gives me a slight panic attack. Also, from the small glimpses we see of you on the blog, you remind me of the lovely Tara Moss. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara Moss is lovely but FF is more classically beautiful

      Delete
  22. Dear FF
    I am still slogging through reading your past posts. I am learning so much! It's taking me forever, but that is ok. I am old and have been in my career for 3 decades, but The Universe spoke to me awhile back,a nd well I am obtaining my masters. So, I sort of made a rule that I will not start a new book until I'm done with school so as not to interfere with study time. Well, reading you is quickly replaced non school book reading, hope I don't need a rule about your blog! Anyway, just wanted to say, with my full time, high pressured job and school, your site is a very relaxing respite for me. I can't tell you how I've enjoyed reading. There are many things I'm sorting out though, like Palova. I see many recipes with and without lemon curd, which is standard? And I had no clue prices were so exorbitant in Australia. here in the states I watch a show called house hunters international. They have had some families hunting for homes in Australia, but I don't think they really captured what the cost of living is.
    I just discovered Sally Hansen released new colors in their "complete salon manicure" line. They are named after the zodiac. I have just applied "Scopio Sizzle" it's a hot pink raspberry sort of color with sparkles. I don't usually go for sparkle, but I am loving this color! I did need 3 coats to cover.
    Love the pix of Harry meeting his fellow ginger. I'm a ginger. Gingers unite! I know some are teased/bullied about their ginger ness. That didn't happen so much for me. I have received many kind compliments. Harry can really connect with peeps, his mom would be proud.
    M's gold dress is delightful.
    Love a good brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always a brooch. No freakery in that. Every one of my winter coats has a brooch on the lapel, the bigger and blingyer (totally a word) the better. And my denim jacket as well. And I wear brooches to hold together evening wraps and scarves (because I just can't seem to get the hang of a scarf ring, clearly not in my obscure talent list).

    Loved your frock, such elegant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi FF, luff your brooch & the beautiful pics from Canne. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  25. You looks gorgiss in that dress with brooch (sp?) And your friend yellow vintage outfit is superb. Harry has had his bad moments, but that is adorable with the red haired boy and his sign. My sister who is a red-head always wanted to do a doco on redheads and i hope she does. Through the ages they have either been vilified or revered as Kings from another planet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a wonderful post in every way! Also contains all the news I ever need to know. You look fabulous in your block stripe dress, and your friends are equally gorgeous! Have a wonderful rest of the week xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, I'm happy to report, I just made it to the beginning of this blog. Took me awhile, but I am a better person for it. Friday, Dec 4, 2009 shall go down in history.
    I feel much calmer now.
    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Omg i am really missing out on Mad Men this year.. I am trying to avoid spoilers. When I was reading your post, I quickly scrolled through.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Everything.