
Hello. Got my 'do cut and coloured on Saturday. I took a risk because the young whippersnapper who usually does it is tripping the Light Fantastic in Phuket.
But S (my substitute hairdresser) did a superior job, especially with the blow dry. I wish I could get it looking like this myself.

It was hardcore foggy on Friday. Look at my street

You can just imagine the havoc this wreaked with my 'do.

Today I went into the Vortex and actioned about 9 million tasks. I gardened, I cleaned, I baked, I decluttered, I defrosted the fridge (yes. I know. Am last person left with a fridge that requires this) I ironed, I pruned, I did about 4 loads of washing. This is a rhubarb and almond tart:

My jasmine's just coming out. It smells divine.

On Friday I tied one of Grandma's silk scarves around my bag for work. I never saw her wearing it, but I hope she did. I love it. And I love that it was hers.

Wore my new Ivana Trump top

This lippy is
Chanel's Coco Pink. Don't look for it in Australia. You can only buy it in the USA. I know. I find this an Outrage too. No Australia should have to live like this in 2010.

See how nicely this outfit goes with my Black and Spiro temple dog?

On Friday night I had to wait for ages for Mr FF to get back from the airport and had to action a late dinner (which I hate. On Fridays I like to be at home having eaten dinner by say 7 at the latest) We tried to get a table at some sort of South American arrangement that serves lots of meat, but we were turned away and told they were booked out despite there being evidence to the contrary -about 20 empty tables. Didn't they know who I was? This would never happen on line. But happily we went next door to a Thai place.

People, I have found my FAVOURITE Thai place
THAI & I. It was absolutely delicious. I met the chef- she was lovely. I will be going back. A lot. The staff were super friendly too.

The coconut rice was 11/10.

See all these
bromeliads? Mark and Greg had ripped them out of their garden and thrown them in the bin! I know- sacriledge! Mark fished them out and I planted them today. Then I mulched them with some sugar cane mulch (because bare earth in this part of the world is
the Devil's Work). I estimate that the cost of these plants would be at least $120. Thanks Mark and Greg.

I also planted some nasturtian seeds. Good enough for Monet at Giverny, good enough for me.
Vegetarians Look Away-I'm talking Meat.I'm having lamb for dinner. Like the Australian Dollar, YSL clutches and Rio Tinto shares, lamb is steadily holding its price at $41.99 a kilo. I say invest now.

Mince is cheap though. Might pretend it's 1978 tomorrow and action some rissoles.

The result of all this activity? A clean house and garden but chipped polish. Relax, I'll sort that tonight.

Such a good week ahead- I'll be in charge of my Team for 7 days (yes I'll be aiming for a Camelot sort of Administration), we have the FF/RPE Leo necklace launch and I have the Valentino party on Friday. 'Citing Times ahead.
xxxxx
PS-the competition described below closes tomorrow!
Enjoy the excitement of the big week FF.
ReplyDeleteI'm attending a premier on Thursday. Zero idea of what to wear :(
Hello FF
ReplyDeleteVery excited about the necklace launch. I will be laptop side on the night....
It must have been the weekend for house work.
Share your pain regarding the price of lamb. I did invest and have some forequarter chops frozen in the freezer as a hedge against future price increases.
SSG xxx
PS - there are Trying Times for all Australians not residing in Melbourne. How can there be GAP there and nowhere else? It's not on the same scale as your divine Chanel lippy but I am nearly angered enough to take action.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSaw your dogs in Jill Zarin's fabulous Upper East Side apartment on "The Real Housewives of New York City" last week!
ReplyDeleteReally??? That is so interesting! I felt sad when Jill and Bethanny fell out with each other.
ReplyDeleteYes a shame they were such good friends. But you know what they say "Every dog has their day":)
ReplyDeleteDear FF
ReplyDeleteI love your stockmarket advice. I bought goat today and got twice as much goat for $10 compared to $10 of lamb. It's odd because I don't see fields of goats around, so I expect goat to be more pricey.
You have a great week ahead of you :) I have my first supervisee at work and I like the leadership role. He's a boy, so no fashion advice imparted from my end, but we have talked bands.
Carly xx
Love those dogs - they are fabulous. I saw very similar ones at an upscale US department store and they were well over $2K for the pair. You got a great deal. And I hate when you can't buy certain cosmetics in Australia. It really annoys me.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the FF Leo necklace!
K x
FF, I LOVE the colour of your hair, can i ask how dark your hair is naturally if thats not too rude! I am a bronde (brunette/blonde) and trying to achieve a colour like yours but failing and about to give up I think...
ReplyDeleteMM
I'm exhausted by your endeavours!
ReplyDeleteMmm nice hair colour. It was so crazily foggy that day, it was like going diving with poor visibility. So the competition, is that the one about how we discovered your blog? So, I started reading your blog sometime last year, and yes, I remember your Christmas posts. At first I didn't like your blog that much because it made me feel a bit inadequate due to my lack of "high end clobber" and non-polished nails. But now I love checking out your blog for all the local Brisbane sights, and am delighted to see your chipped nail polish in this post!
ReplyDeleteHi FF
ReplyDeleteI love your grandma's scarf, it suits your Ivana-resort-wear perfectly and looks lovely on your bag too.
How is your Carolina perspex bangle? It hasn't shown It's face online for some time.
Your week sounds busy and exciting. Enjoy! :)
action yourself to a decent butcher Miss FF... the lamb will easily be half the price and twice the quality :)
ReplyDeleteLovely hair FF! And the Ivana Trump inspired top looks fantastic too.... I adore Nastursians and planted some lovely dark orange/burnt choc. ones a couple of years ago which I got online from Sarah Raven in UK... A great week to look forward to especially the necklace launch. x
ReplyDeleteI understand that Australia has the best Thai food in the world, outside of Bangkok. Jealous. And, in startling evidence of cross-continental ESP, I had just this morning thought to myself, "I know, I will plant nasturtium seeds out front so I can eat the flowers." The universe works in mysterious ways.
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks A-Mazing. Visionary. Hooray for rescuing the bromeliads.
ReplyDeleteDid you know that nasturtium flowers are edible? Action them in a salad; they add a peppery taste as well as pretty color. You can also use them as a garnish for other dishes.
My daughter works for Chanel and she told me the US has their own colour and product line. They don't get their Chanel from France like the rest of us do. Who knew!
ReplyDeletehi ff,
ReplyDeleteplease tell mark and greg hello and i'll take anything they don't want. i love the foo dog with your arrangement. was it hard carrying around with you all day?
i'm inspired by all your actioning. as always.
~janet
ps ~ your hair and lips look really super and full. that's a compliment.
I admire your energy, gardening, organizing, cooking and fab hair color and cut. I just lay around and read on weekends.
ReplyDeleteFull marks to the whippersnapper hairdresser. You possess a superior head of hair FF and as a ex-hairdresser I can tell you we appreciate beautiful thick locks.
ReplyDeleteMust have been the weekend for sorting and declutttering. I gained inspiration after reading Janets post and painstakingly delved through hundreds of family photos, oldies taken before digital cameras...a long process.
I laughed at sacriledge, it's one of my favourite words and use it often. Some aspects of our religious schooling never go away.
Thanks for outing the chipped nails!!
xx
The blonde do looks fierce. I might have to ask for a faux-dry when the barnet needs a snip x
ReplyDeleteYou are the goddess of style!
ReplyDelete"Today I went into the Vortex and actioned about 9 million tasks. I gardened, I cleaned, I baked, I decluttered, I defrosted the fridge (yes. I know. Am last person left with a fridge that requires this) I ironed, I pruned, I did about 4 loads of washing."
ReplyDeleteI READ THAT, THEN I HAD TO HAVE A CUPPA, AND A GOOD LIE DOWN!
I really do think that you are triplets FF!
COMPETITION:- I started following your blog after the wonderful girl on the Courier Mail Shopping Blog phoned me personally to rave about your blog. In fact she insisted I logon and that we should read it together. She's amazing, really smart, funny, very good shopping blog she runs, and has told the world about Faux Fuchsia.
Actually, I think that there is now a large percentage of the population (excluding Boy Won) who can now actually spell Fuchsia thanks to Paddy telling them about FF's Blog!
My friend made me the Masterchef Coq Au Vin with a chook not a rooster. It was 11/10. I put some home-made compost on the garden. I swept the exterior surfaces until I gave myself debilitating sinus and I even washed the dirtiest car in Coorparoo, which would be mine.
ReplyDeleteYour high number of actioned tasks is very impressive! I really really really want to eat that rhubarb and almond tart. Jasmine is amazing x
ReplyDeleteTEE HEE. What a crack up, Paddy did not look UP and see all the flattering comments about herself in the post immediately before her own!
ReplyDeleteDear FF, I am so impressed by your going into the Vortex and actioning all those tasks, I now realise where I have been going wrong, I have been staying timidly outside the Vortex drinking tea and reading the paper; but now I am inspired, I am Going In! Bx P.S. if i get on down with the Vortex, will my hair look like yours? hope so
ReplyDeleteYesterday, Mr LiC was sick in bed so I diverted him from his malaise by reading from your blog and then showing him lots of your photos. I had to explain what a lot of things meant as he is not Mr FF and has not the faintest idea about fashion (including the importance of Chunk and Shine), decluttering, gardening (apart from the need to always mow the lawn) etc. We passed a very lovely day together and I would like to thank you for providing a Vehicle for Encouraging Cross Cultural Communication between Spouses (this could be a new Public Service Training Course!). While I stand to be corrected, Mr LiC appears to be a bit like Mr Blighty (spending is bad and saving is good. However, I continue to live in hope for a nice pressie, any pressie, to mark important dates in the year... I wonder whether Mr FF might be prevailed on to explain how he decides on such wonderful presents for you, dear Ms FF?
ReplyDelete